In the spring of 2006 I was having lower right abdominal pain. I was experiencing huge amounts of stress at this time. I went to a gyn and my pap was normal. I'd also considered it may be appendicitis since that was the area of the pain. It went away after a few weeks and I thought nothing more of it.

The pain has recurred now for the past 3 weeks, mostly in the lower right abdomen but sometimes in other areas of the abdomen. It is not severe; more of a ache that comes and goes. Could I have stress-related IBS? I don't have diarrhea or constipation. Today I noticed a slight vaginal discharge sort of like when a period is slowing down to stop. I am due for my period which should begin around 3 days from now. I am on a continuous dose oral contraceptive, Desogen, which I have taken for a couple of years now with no problems. I have a regular period every 9 weeks (3 packs). My last gyn exam was in the spring of this year and was normal. I am 36 years of age and have used oral contraceptives since 16.

Could my abdominal pain be related to a gyn problem or could it be intestinal? I've been under even more stress this year to the point that I'm sure it may affect my health if it runs unchecked. I have not gone to a doctor for testing because I have no health insurance at this time.

Hello, did you figure out what the pain was attributed to?

I have the same type of pain; lower right about 4inches from my navel. I am a male in my mid 30's.

Pain started nearly 2-yrs ago when I was enduring a lot of stress during a big project. I have notice that the slight bit of stress activates this dull pain.

Your learning would be very much appreciated.

I'm experiencing the same exact pain. It started during a stressful job and has been coming and going for about a year and a half now. Sometimes the pain is on the lower right side and sometimes it's a further up. I received an ultrasound and gyn tests were all negative....

any ideas????? I'm studying for my medical examination an it's back in full swing...stress???

not overweight, don't smoke, workout 3x/week....

I have the same thing. Im 25 & Ive had it for a year, It started a couple of weeks after I was made redundant, so hoping/thinking that stress may have had something to do with it. Its a gnawing constant pain in exactly the same spot, about and inch to the left of my right hip bone. It sometimes gets slightly better and then worse again. Im finding my stomach is getting swollen/trapped wind around the same spot. Ive had pelvic ultrasounds, smear & blood tests. The doctor is now convinced its Intestinal & has finally booked me in to see a gastoerenterologist next month. V nervous.

Think about hernias

I experienced pain like this during a very stressful period. I was eventually diagnosed with Crohn's disease. 

I'm a male 24 years old and I had this same pain when I went through some severe stress to the point where my life fell apart in Spring 2011.  When I adjusted my life to get well it went away in a few months.  Now it is the start of 2013 and this pain returned last month in December 2012.  Appendicitis was ruled out and so I was convinced it is maybe some old stress resurfacing in a "catharsis" type of way.  It is off and on as well and the location in my lower right abdomen moves around slightly.  I'm keeping a close eye on it and it has eased off in severity but it is still around.  I hope it is just from stress.  I had fears that it may be something more severe but the early symptoms don't match up to those.  We will see, at least it is improving; I'm trying to eat extra well during this time.

I am experiencing the same thing.  Mine started around the first of the year.  Some days it is a dull ache, some days it is a gnawing pain (like today), and some days it is a sharp pain on and off all day.  Every now and then, I have a good day and hardly notice any problem.  I am also expriencing constipation.  I had an abdominal ultrasound and an abdominal CT, both normal.  I too think this is somehow stress related, but also worry that it is something more serious, which just compounds the stress.  I have an appointment next week with a gastro.