Hello, I am 26 years old female and for the first time in my life I have heard about abdominal pregnancy. What does it mean? Where is the baby if not in the stomach? How does it occur? I am shocked. I am only three weeks pregnant, so how will I know if I had this abdominal pregnancy?

Are you 3 weeks pregnant or 3 weeks late from your period? I think I am a little confused.

Well, I guess your doctor would tell you if I you have ectopic pregnancy also called abdominal pregnancy. It occurs when the fertilized egg implants in tissue outside of the uterus and the placenta and fetus begin to develop there, commonly within a Fallopian tube. They are usually caused by conditions that obstruct or slow the passage of a fertilized egg through the Fallopian tube to the uterus. Something like a physical blockage in the tube, or by failure of the tube epithelium to move the zygote down the tube and into the uterus