Okay... Jan 6th me and my boyfriend had sex and we did use a condom. I got my period around Jan 12th and had a full heavy period. But i was just wondering if i did happen to be preg. if i would still have that period or if it would not had been so normal? It was my first time sooo of course its gonna worry me. Could i please have some advice?...

alright honey.

Getting your period means that you ARE NOT pregnant. Heavens, what are they TEACHING in health class nowadays?!

Menstruation occurs when no egg implants in the lining of the uterus, the endometrium. This Endometrium becomes the placenta when you are pregnant, the placenta helps to feed your growing fetus/embryo/baby. It's what a baby's cord is attached to.

If no fertilized egg implants in the lining of your uterus, this "inner wall" sloughs off, causing blood and tissue to spill out of the vagina. Your period.

So, no. You are not pregnant.

If you had sex on January 6th and had a period on January 12th why are you asking in September if you could be pregnant? Maybe I'm just confused, but thats like 8 months later....