I’m interested in some facts about fertilization. What does it exactly happen in there, in ovaries? When does embryo implantation happen? I mean, how long does it take for fertilized egg to develop to embryo? I’m 23 years old, and would like to be better informed about this, because we are planning to have a baby soon. Thanks.

Embryo implantation usually happens 5-7 days after fertilization that can happen in period of ovulation. In some women it is followed by implantation bleeding, and can be one of the first signs of pregnancy. Embryo implants into the uterus, its outer layers grow and form the placenta. Ectopic pregnancy happens when embryo implants is fallopian tube, or in any other place except uterus. Embryo is term for potential baby, before it becomes fetus. After embryo implantation happens, pregnancy can be detected performing urine test.