Hello Ladies , ,, I got my tubes tied 8 years ago,, I am almost 39 years old,,, for the last 3 months my period only came for 1 day each month and not even a full day. I would get the cramps as usual and then when I go washroom I go to wipe and a little bit of blood so I put a pad on, the next time I go washroom there is nothing on the pad. That is what happened each month! I noticed I am sleeping alot! I get hungry slot but the food also makes me feel nauseous! I noticed last couple of days it seems like I can smell milk from my breasts!! I gained a tiny bit of weight but I just blame that on being winter and lazy days! Do you think there is chance of pregnancy ?

Hi i am scared

"Tubes tied" is also known as "Tubal Ligation"  is a surgical procedure in which a woman's fallopian tubes are blocked, tied, or cut. Tubal implants, such as Essure, are small metal springs that are placed in each fallopian tube in a nonsurgical procedure (no cutting is involved). Over time, scar tissue grows around each implant and permanently blocks the tubes. Either procedure stops eggs from traveling from the ovaries into the fallopian tubes, where the egg is normally fertilized by a sperm.

Tubal ligation and tubal implants are not 100% effective at preventing pregnancy.

Tubal ligation

• There is a slight risk of becoming pregnant after tubal ligation. This happens to about 5 out of 1,000 women after 1 year. After a total of 5 years following tubal ligation, about 13 out of 1,000 women will have become pregnant.
  • Pregnancy may occur if:
    • The tubes grow back together or a new passage forms (recanalization) that allows an egg to be fertilized by sperm. Your doctor can discuss which method of ligation is more effective for preventing tubes from growing back together.
    • The surgery was not done correctly.
    • You were pregnant at the time of surgery.

If you suspect pregnancy, try a pregnancy test or visit a healthcare provider who can do tests for you. good luck