Hi. I am 20 years old. I was diagnosed with mumps. Yesterday I felt something like abdominal pulse in my testicles. Is this normal thing when you have mumps?

Hi. Inflammation of the testicles, or so called orchitis can occur in men who catch mumps after puberty. I think men after puberty are more likely to experience complications of mumps infection. It is, however, just one of possible complications of mumps infection. Other complications may include acute pancreatitis, viral meningitis and one-sided deafness. I was feeling abdominal pulse in my testicle too. It was actually quite painful. My doc told me I have orchitis. Many things can be the cause of feeling abdominal pulse in your testicles. They include injury, infection and testicular torsion. Hernia can be the cause of such problem. Unrelieved erection can also be the cause of abdominal pulse in testicles.