While I was at my cousin, I have heard some boy has orchitis. I know that orchitis is acute inflammatory reaction of the testis. But I am surprised that young boy can have this kind of disease. That’s why I would like to know something more about it and is it normal to occur at young boys. Also I would like to know more about causes.

Most cases of orchitis are associated with a viral mumps infection. However, other viruses and bacteria can cause orchitis too. Hipocrates was the first one who reported syndrome in 5th century BC. It is commonly with prepubertal patients with mumps develop orchitis. This condition rarely occurs in post pubertal males with mumps, so it is normal that young boy has it. Problem with orchitis is that unilateral testicular atrophy occurs in 60%patients with orchitis. Also and sterility is rarely a consequence of unilateral orchitis. Most commonly mumps causes isolated orchitis. Other causes are rare and include Coxsackie virus, infectious mononucleosis, varicella, and echovirus. Bacterial causes usually spread from an associated epididymitis in sexually active men or men with BPH. This bacterial orchitis rarely occurs without an associated epididymitis.

in the previous post it states
bacterial orchitis rarely occurs without an associated epididymitis
i have no idea what this means
could you explain it for me please
i am writing because this is the third time i have had it
i am 46 and it is a very nasty infection
could you suggest where i could get more information
on prevention and is there anything i should be made
aware of
by the way could you also tell me what BPH is
thank you very much