When I was 17 I had mumps and since that time my testicles have been very sensitive. When I had mumps they increased in size by 3 times after the mumps were gone my testicles seemed to have shrunk a little bit. I have not noticed any other abnormalities and I am just trying to find out if this is normal or not.

I had developed orchitis when I had mumps. It is also viral infection just like the mumps. I was 18 and only one of my testicles was inflamed. It also shrunk but went back to normal soon after.
My told me that there could be some impairment to the sperm production but I shouldn’t worry because only one of the testicles was infected, so the production in another stays normal, which means I will have no problem fathering.
Did you also have orchitis?
As for the sensitivity…..my testicles have always been sensitive and any force (or similar) makes me feel uncomfortable.
Have you experienced this sensitivity right after the mumps had gone?

HI my boyfriend had mumps and then orchitis, this started arounf OCtober last year and then only recently has been discharged from hospital. He does say that his testicle is very sore though and keeps complaining of the pain, does anyone else have this? Doctors have just told him to take pain killers. he also was told that the infected testicle is now not working properly, but the other one should still produce ok.

I had the mumps as a young adult and also have experienced painful testicles since then. In my 40s I was diagnosed with hypogonadism and this was caused (My Doctor suspects) by the mumps infection. I can't say that sterility resulted from the mumps but my wife and I have had a lot of unprotected sex and we never got pregnant.

Dear Friends I had Chronic bilateral Orchitis + epidimitis.
My testicles had swollen to frapefruits I was 18 I am not sure but I really could not walk for das very hard.
Still sore testicleson e Dr said they might not function they are sore and smaller also.
BF is luck he did not have them both like that is is hard.
These things happen though.
I consider losing them and having surgery then to get implants oerhaos go on HRt soon after.

I have been though similar things, when I was 19 I had bilateral Chronic orchitis which was very serious.
My testicles had swollen to the size of grapefruits.
They are smaller now as well as my penius.
It has been very hard going through this I just turned 24 and it has been a real pain.
I still plan on geting implants myself and going on HRT after as well due to this infection.
It is very hard sometimes how some Physicians do not care and say your too young to have anything wrong with you.
It has been a real pain with the medical system, just because your young does not say nothing is wrong with you.
I have been to good Physicians as well as bad, CNP's FNP'S MD's it has been hard.
Hope to find a good one again since my move.
I have had one child though before this issue.

I had mumps 3 years ago. before I had it my penis size was close to 7 inches it now is around 5 inches. Is anyone else out there experiencing this after mumps

i think if you had a mumps during your adolescence it has a large chance of not having a baby.thats what i've heared from a doctor...its scarry....

ramibird wrote:

When I was 17 I had <a class="wiki" href="https://www.steadyhealth.com/encyclopedia/Mumps">mumps</a> and since that time my testicles have been very sensitive. When I had mumps they increased in size by 3 times after the mumps were gone my testicles seemed to have shrunk a little bit. I have not noticed any other abnormalities and I am just trying to find out if this is normal or not.

My Husband and I have the same problem, we cant conceive, been trying 2 years now with no luck, he had mumps at the age of 19 then one of his testes got swollen then went down then the same happened to the other. I just hope we will soon conceive!

hi everyone im stu and 28 years old i got mumps when iwas 20 and got it in my testicle which grew at least 4times the normal size, i then got it drained at the hospital and forgot about it to b honest but for the last 3yrs ive realised the testicle is very sore all the time especially after intercourse and now its really starting to worry me, without sounding crude it feels like its an egg that is running. gonna go doctors this wk

I am 18 from Philippines. I got mumps and I was 17. The size of my testicle became 4x of it's normal size. But the other side only. Me, just hoping that nothing bad will happen.

at 33 years old I had the mumps, my left testicle swell to the size of an orange or grapefruit, after the mumps left my testicle shrunk to the size of a jelly bean and remain soft and tender but rarely did it bother me, now it constantly pain whenever I cough, I am now 83 with no other known problems, Farthered five children before none after the mumps,

I had orchitis (mumps) when I was 18, but it was only in 1 testicle. I cannot bump or even touch that one incorrectly or I will jump out of my skin in an inured reflexive way... I'm 59. Good news, I have kids that are my own despite the loss, so there is hope.

At 18 in the service I contracted the mumps and they dropped, testicles both swollen to size of softballs. Do not think I have come to the end of the problem yet. (40+ years later)