Can u explain radiology talk? my husband has shortness of breath. The mass as per above is 45 x 63 x 135 mm. extends to aortic arch. pressing on trachea & oesophagus. Also several para aortic lymph noes in upper abdomen up to 13mm. Several small calcified lymph nodes in left supcro mediastinal.
multiple foci of calcification are present throughout left lobe of thyroid gland.
All sounds scary. Waiting to have FNB.
What does all this mean?

Hi there,

I’m not really sure about this, so don’t take my words as 100% accurate. But as much as I can se this might be thoracic aortic aneurysm.  The thoracic aortic aneurysm can definitely cause the shortness of breath. There are many causes for this disorder and I’m not sure what exact symptoms is your husband experiencing. It would be helpful if you could list more symptoms. How old is your husband? For instance descending thoracic aortic aneurysm is not affecting males younger than 55 years of age and it is a genetic factor, so someone in the family had to be experiencing something similar in the past.

IS your husband a smoker or does he drink alcohol often?

ultrasound thyroid the left lobe is abnormally enlarged measuring 6.3x3.4x4.4cm. the left lobe is diffusedly heterogeneous with multiple similar appearing nodules throughout.