I'm a 20 year old female My symptoms have been endless, and it's like every day it's something new. I've had these reoccurring swollen lymph nodes for about 6 months now. I had an ultrasound done a few weeks ago, and they said there was a very enlarged node around my cervical region of the neck or something,on the right side too. Turns out I went to an Ear nose & throat doctor and he said it's just barely enlarged and the pain im having now and where i feel its swollen now isnt even on the right side. so now i dont know who to even believe, its so frustrating! At first I didn't pay much attention to them until they started to come more and more. Then they started to get really tender, and so swollen to the point it was almost impossible for me to turn my neck without causing excruciating pain. I feel so tired all the time, no matter how much or how little of sleep I get, just taking a shower drains me. I get horrible headaches, the kind where you don't even want to get out of bed, my weight has been fluctuating off and on for the past 6 months,i get low grade fevers once in awhile,night sweats and chills,,my voice has become extremely hoarse,seems like im always thirsty,my appetite has completely changed, my back hurts not to mention my neck,i just feel like im completely falling apart. I have absolutely no energy at all anymore, i feel like it's a chore to even get up and do the normal things i used to enjoy doing. I have depression and anxiety already but it seems that whatever is going on with me now has made it worse.. I'm also very moody and get irritated super easily. I just dont even feel like myself anymore And sometimes I think people (like friends or other family members) think all this is in my head or something.. i even get paranoid that the doctors are looking at me like im a complete lunatic. I've been to my regular physician countless times trying to figure out what this is, I've had my blood drawn for a variety of different things(mono being one of them), and most recently got blood drawn for something called Hashimotos Thyroiditis. My ear nose & throat doctor thinks thats what I have, and if I do we will more than likely be taking out my thyroid.. but it would explain a lot ! why some days i feel okay and somedays i cant even get out of bed.. I'll know next week sometime if i have it or not, if i don't i'll continue back to the drawing board. I have an MRI scan this week and a CAT scan possibly next week depending on these results. I guess I just go from there. This is just so frustrating and overall emotionally draining on me..i don't even know what's wrong with me. .I used to be a fairly healthy person..and its just like out of nowhere i woke up one day and started falling apart. Anyone else having things similar to this? Or have any idea what this is? Any insight is well appreciated!

Tiffini, you have described almost everything I am experiencing for the last 40 days! I did have fever 102.5 at the end of June, and ever since my lymph nodes are swollen, and my left side of the neck hurts pretty bad. It is especially painful to bend down - feels like my head is struck by lightening. I have been to ER but never had any MRI done, and just praying it is not cancer!

Aw,well I hope its nothing that extreme for either of us! I get an MRI this Friday so hopefully that will give a little more insight as to what this is. Then next week Ill have the results from the blood test done on the Hashimotos Thyroiditis. Hope we both get some answers and soon! I don't know about you but I'm sick & tired of feeling sick & tired!

I just read this to my boyfriend and we are going throug the same symptoms. I have been having bad headaches for the past month and as for January I have had one every day along with neck pain. I couldn't sleep yesterday because my head and neck hurt so bad. I went to rub my neck and I found a lump. I called off work and went to the doctors and she found another one. I had a CT scan and she said I have Reactive Nodes. Going to treat with antibiotics. I found a third lump today. So now I have all the same symptoms as you except for the low grade fevers and hoarse and now these very painful lumps on my neck and 1 right above my clavicle bone. Have you found out anything since you posted this?

I have been having a sharp headache stabbing and it runs from above my ear around it and down behind it on my head down my neck. Lymph nodes are swollen all the time on that side. Doctor keeps trying to tell me it was migraines xD but I obviously have some kind of infection so he dismissed me...If you find anything out lemme know so i can suggest it to a new more competent doctor. 

***Post is edited by moderator *** Private e-mails not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

I know this is a bit late to reply to this posting, but I'm only 15, and over Christmas break, my throat felt really swollen. Nothing would fix it and I couldn't sleep. I thought it was my tonsils, but it's happening right now, and when you go to the doctors, and they feel your throat, I felt it myself and it hurt really bad. I had to bend over to get something from behind my couch, and my head felt like it was on fire! I do get cold sweats occasionally, but nothing serious.. I always have a headache when I stand up or I get whiplash.. But that's always happened to me even when I didn't have swollen lymph nodes... I feel weak and dizzy. And I never get any sleep. I try to drink some hot tomato soup, and it feels better for a bit then the pain comes back. The pain changes throughout the day. One minute it hurts and the next it doesn't. I just don't know if this is normal for someone my age? And with it happening twice in two months? Idk if I should get it checked out..

My 15yr old is having similar problems. She is scheduled to have her tonsils taken out next week, yesterday she woke up with painful knots down one side of her neck. Her blood pressure has been dropping and her heart rate gets up to 102. She feels weak and wantst to sleep all the time, she seems to be experienceing depression and anxiety. I am really worried about her the blood work her Dr. order all came back good including the CBC.

Hi Tiffini, my son is 9 years old and he has the same symptoms you do, he has been going thru this for 7 months now and we have been to so many different doctors and they have done so much lab work and everything comes back ok, the swollen lymph noids on his kneck and groin area has not gone down in 7 months, he sleeps all the time, has a headache, swollen eyes,  fatigue, poor appetite. His ThroatNose Ears Specialist said she will take the left lympnoid out and send it for testing and we are waiting on the phone call from dr on Monday to let me know when we are going to take it out. I keep telling his doctors they need to find out whats wrong with him bcuz its been going on for such a long period of time and he is so miserable. He tells me "mommy whats wrong with me"? I tell him "honey we are trying to figure it out so we can make you feel better". But he looks so ill looking. He has days where he will go play outside for a little bit, but most days he sleeps. I need y'alls opinion on what I should next, where do I take him to get the answers we need? What do we do?  Tiffini what did you find out was wrong with you since they took yours out? How are you doing? Are you feeling better? 

This may sound crazy but I have a friend who is going through the same thing and she we.t to a natural Doctor and tested for worms and parasites and sure enough that what it was! I would just check! Just in case! Good Luck!

Hi, i too have Hasimoto's, have a referral to a specialist as the meds are not helping. Constant severe headaches, dizziness, blurred vision, aches and pains, weight gain, chest pain and palpitations and awful sensations that travel thru my body, then the anxiety. This is a hell process, and a cruel disease. I was so fit and healthy then out of the blue BANG! I truely feel for all sufferers and so pleased i have such a supporting husband and children as i know it is not easy on them either. All the best with your health and lets hope for us all to feel great again :)

Hello, I am a 20 year old female with all of the above symptoms! I was tested for Graves' Disease and it pointed to all of these symptoms and a few more but that is what it turned out to be. I was sent to a specialist who told me she was surprised a doctor knew to check for it since it can be covered up by so many different things. GET CHECKED FOR GRAVES' DISEASE! I'm now on meds and I am feeling totally rejuvenated and my energy and life is back! You may not have it but I had all of those symptoms for years until my doctor got me tested for Graves' and I started getting treatment! Good luck!

I have the same exact thing going on the only difference it's been going on for almost three years. Did you get any closer to a diagnosis yet ?

Thyroid removal is not the answer many people have easily and naturally cured goiter by just taking lugols Iodine I take dextoxadine . Anyhow there are so many things that could be going on get these tests, hormonal, thyroid endocrinologist get a prediabetic check you sure have a lot of the symptoms , It could be a pet allergy or a serious food allergy sometimes it is hard to believe that gluten, dairy, sugar can cause dizziness, nausea, memory loss , heart problems respiratory problems .and even death, I had mycotoxins test since we had hidden leak in our house and had moved out thinking it was black mold or spores that had made me sick mold/spores mold in your car your work place or your house can cause serious mycotoxin poisoning ,it can cause many of the symptoms you mentioned. see Dr, Shoemakers book is the leading world authority most MD have no idea about this they are just general medicine practitioners,.
Also make sure your not close to a smart meter or too much cell phones, computers are causing EMS sensitivity the last idea of course get on a parasite cleanse or candida overgrowth, Finally after two years of nausea, dizziness, stiff painful neck, weight loss, I was shakey I had tremor it was insane! I was feeling totally exhausted like I was absolutely physically drained and I had shortness breath along with heart palpitations it was hidden dental infection I had a hidden dental granuloma a mass infection at the apex of the tooth . I was so tired all the time it took me months to recover from this. Dentist told me to take zinc! I met with a ND and we came up with a real life plan to get rid of the infection I had ozone infections into my jaw bone and into my gums this over a course of several weeks
Then I had to get to a super detox clinic I kid you not MD and dentist could not really help me except the oral surgeon removed the tooth , The other is if you have root canal it can really causes havoc with your health

I read a case where this guy was so sick he had all these symptoms you listed and then some, the allergist had him on a long list of medications he now had asthma that was off the charts ! The guy thought he was gonna die from the extreme symptoms, Guess what he did a serious parasite cleanse and poof all the symptoms were gone in less than thirty days! Consider starting there first I think sometimes MD miss the simple easiest tests because they think it is something serious, I don't see MD I usually see ND only unless it is something serious like I need and MRI or ultrasound

I woke up out of my sleep with a head ache I felt my head and I have knots all around my head I can even chew cause of a bunch of lumps in my throat and neck. I had my lymph nodes cut out when I was 13 and now my head is throbbing and my jaw area is hurting I dont have any other symptoms I thought my jaw hurting was my fybromyalgia but now the lumps what I'd this