Hello!
I need some sort of advice!
I feel sharp pain in my heart or near my heart but only when I am lying on left side or lying on back. Is anybody else experiencing this situation? I had appointment with my physician, but he found nothing, so I am getting appointment with some of the cardiologists.

Hey there,
Could be heartburn, or anything else. It is really hard to tell without any tests and scans. Anyhow, this is great idea getting this checked with cardiologist.
I hope everything works out great.

I ALSO HAVE PAIN AROUND MY HEART WHILE I LIE ON MY LEFT SIDE. I HAD AN EKG TODAY AND IT WAS NORMAL. MY DOCTOR SAID SOMETHING ABOUT A FLOATING RIB. I GO BACK IN A FEW MORE DAYS.
I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT YOUR DOCTOR SAID. %-)

I also have pain/pressure in my chest area (between my breats/heart area) only when I lay on my sides...mostly on my left but it does happen on my right side also. I now end up sleeping propt up on two pillows on my back. Not the most comfortable way to sleep but no pain.
I am 45 yrs old and I do have GERDs and I am on a proton-inhibitor for 40 days..(Losec).
I've had an ECG, bloodwork to check a few things including Thyroid, and a 24 hr Halter Monitor. I should have the results next week for all tests but I believe it all has to do with my stomach/esophagus. I will be sent for an upper GI and chest X-ray if above test come back ok.
I'll keep you posted.

signed, tired & worried.

I'm not a doctor but I can tell you my EKG came out normal and we couldn't find anything wrong with me until they did an echocardiogram (ultrasound) which showed I had fluid in the sack around the heart.
It's called pericarditis. I too only felt chest pains sometimes but I knew something wasn't right.

I've had the same symptoms. Strange pain, generally only occurs when I lie on my left side. Finally went to the Dr today, got a chest x-ray. The doctor called me at home a few hours later....the x-ray's show what the radiologist is calling a "left anterior mediastinal vascular mass".

Sounds terrible to me. The Dr. is scheduling me for a CT scan right away and recommended I don't do any strenous activities until the CT scan comes in. That's all I know. I've had this symptom for almost 2 years, but it was never bad enough for me to do anything about it (usually advil made the discomfort disappear). Lately, it's been hurting more and I wanted to get it looked at......I'm a male, 44, by the way.

Hi, maybe i can get some help, but whenever i sleep on my bed lying on my back or any side, i can feel shape pains when i take a medium or large breath of air. I haven't been able to see the doctor because of financial matters, by the way I'm 16, and my mom said the next time we have the yearly visit I should tell him the details.

Any ideas as to what it may be or what i should ask my doctor next time i see him?

i have the same chest pains when i lay on my back stomic and now back
im scared to death to go to the daocter because i dont want any thing bad wrong with my. im sixteen what should i do.

to 16 year old with pains - could be growing pains BUT could also be something needing treatment - you say you are scared to death - only doubt kills, just brave it and see your doc please if only for my conscience having read your post!!!! but most importantly for you!!!!!

I'm seventeen years old and two days ago, during a very upsetting day during which I had been crying a lot, I started to feel sharp pains around my heart in my left chest. It hurts most dramatically when I'm lying on my left side and sometimes on my back. The only way I can get to sleep now is on my right side. I thought that maybe I just wasn't breathing properly at first and tried to calm down, but after more than 48 hours of the pains I know that that can't be the case. I'm worried, especially since it hurts so much when I try to go on runs... I'm glad that other people have experienced the same thing, although concerned that at such a young age I could have serious heart problems. Good luck to everyone.

hey i have the same problem its only last night i got these pains when i breathed in or out and when i went to bed i could not lay on my left side at all coz of the sharp pains and it made me breathe in small breathes and im 16

YAH,
i am also facing same problem , but till now i have not visited any doctor, but I thought this is because of gastic problems , or when digestion of food is improper , may be digestion organs are creating pressure on heart,
or you try this, instead laying side , you lie upside down , as your back is on top , with some time you will come out of this pain,
this is my experiance , but i am not sure this is not related with any heart problem

PARTHA

It doesnt hurt all the time. but i frequently get a dull throb in my left chest area. At random times my heart seems to speed up,or i get nausous(sp?), or dizzy when i stand up. It hasnt ever really been a consecutive thing, but it does happen frequently. The dull throb feels almost like i have to crack my back (which never works). I seem to get it alot when i am lying down or being a lazy bum and not moving. Don't really want to bother my family cause they all have problems and i don't want them to see me as if i am trying to create problems for myself if there really is nothing wrong. At the age of sixteen, i really dont want to say something and be considered whinying. It goes away at times, but still it has appeared enough to have me asking questions. Any thoughts on this?

Hey- if you don't get it checked out you could end up bothering your family with your death. It could very likely be a congenital heart defect that can be detected through stress echo and CT SCAN.

Look up Fibromyalgia......this is most likely what it could be I have the same thing