I started feeling this pain in my lower left abdomen and sometimes in left shoulder also around 2 months back. It pains me more when I take deep breath, or I burp or when there are hiccups.

I visited a doctor and initially doctor asked me to undergo CT scan for Kidney and appendicitus, but it was all clear and fine. Doctor asked me to take the medicine for the diverticulitus.

After taking the medicine the pain was not there for one week but it again started, this time I was asked to undergo rib, and colon x-ray but it was all fine, I was asked to take the medicine for the gas. Again I was fine for one more week but since then its almost one month I am again feeling pain in lower left abdomen and sometimes in left shoulder too with deep breathing.

I do not know what to do. I look forward to get some helpful information from you on what this could be and what should I do now.

Legend
I think you should visit a Gastroenterologist to make sure your digestion is fine. Have you had any problems with your gallbladder before? I hope you did blood test before you went to CT? Do you feel pain in lower or upper left abdomen? Do you have problems with heartburn? How looks with your bowel movement? You should add more info so we could try to help you... Anyway, I think the exam by a good gastroenterologist is the best solution for you.

Pseud0

Hi, I'm having all those sypmtoms too, I'm 24 years old female and I have been having a lot of problems with my dygestion, for the past 2 days I haven't been able to eat almost anything, and I've been having a lot of burps, I mean really a lot or gas and air is comming out of me, I've vomited too. Today I woke up with a lot of pain on the left side of the neck, the shoulder (left), and ,my left abdomen below my breast. The pain is sharp whenever I took a lot of air or have a hiccup, or even If I try to lay down on my left. also, I vomited a little twice and I got a little bright red blood. Could this be related to oral contraceptive Yasmin? is this serious?

I'm a 17 year old female and I was diagnosed with IBS and acid reflux disease. Maybe these things have something to do with my pain but I'm not so sure. On thursday I was walking to my locker with a heavy bookbag on my right shoulder and I sudddently got a sharp pain in my lower left abdomen after walking up a flight of stairs and I didn't think much of it until now. I remembered yesterday that I had woke up feeling sore on that left side for a few weeks but it comes and goes. On friday my boyfriend came over and we were wrestling and I woke up on saturday with my left abdomen feeling extremely sore like someone punched me in the rib and below it. I can't get up out of bed or bend down properly or it starts hurting so I'm be really precautions because I'm afraid that I might pull something and make the pain more extreme. I have been feeling tired, have cold symptoms, and have a feeling of tighness in my throat along with mildly sore lymph nodes for more than 2 weeks. I think I might have caugh mono and ruptured my spleen but I don't want my mom to take me to the doctor if it is something that isn't major but I am soo worried.

google
splenik flexure syndrome
Irritable bowel syndrome

sickofthis wrote:

Tell your mom immediately about the symptoms you've been experiencing. Pain is the way our body tells us something is wrong. Don't ignore it! When you go to the doctor, make sure you give all the details you've given here. Even print it out so you can take it with you as a reminder. Sometimes I get nervous in the doctor's office and forget to say some things that were important. The more details you provide, the easier it will be for your doctor to make a correct diagnosis. Hope you're feeling better soon! :D

I have exactly the same problem. It has been bothering me for over 3 months. Doctors cannot figure out what it is and it has been deemed as a pocket of air in the abdomen. My suspicion is that it has more to do with nerves-maybe a pinched nerve. If you ever figure out what it is - please post back - I am very curious. I can certainly live with this pain as long as it is not life threatening.

hi my name is amber ive just started having the exact same smyptons im going to visit my local gp today, ive had the day off school i am currently in year 10 and im 16 the pain has only been around for three days :-(

I have very similar symptoms as described, only my pain in my left shoulder is only super-noticeable after eating a large meal. I feel it after a deep breath, but it is tolerable. My lower-left abdomen pain comes and goes in sharp waves usually, and it is quite sensitive to a slight push from my fingers. I have also been experiencing excess gas, but mainly as flatus as opposed to belching. I can also feel my pulse throbbing just above and to the left of my navel sometimes, too. I was diagnosed with Acid Reflux/GERD a while back and was taking Prilosec for about 3 years. Last march (2006) i spent most of a weekend in an ER due to my abdomen pain getting so bad I woke up sweating, shaking, and could hardly move. Please do not under-estimate this pain. I am a 24 year old male, and I have been through a lot of pain, including a fractured neck, severe concussions, broken bones, lacerations, migraines, surgery recovery, and nothing EVEN COMES CLOSE to this pain. Seriously, I thought I was dying. I was begging them for a third dose of morphine in the ER, it was this bad. They found nothing in the ER. Blood work, x-ray, CT, stool sample, the works. After about 18 hours in bed, the pain had receded back to a tolerable level. They sent me to a Gastroenterologist to get some answers. A full endoscopy, colonoscopy, and almost $500 in facility co-pays later, they said I look very healthy, end to end. They changed my PPI from Prilosec to Nexium and I made significant changes in my diet (almost entirely cut dairy, alcohol, spicy foods, high-acid foods like coffee and citrus). Combined with my recent system purge (as prep for GI exams) I think this bought me some time. But now it is all slowly getting worse again and I'm worried. I do not want to have another agonizing attack like last year. Please someone tell me who I can speak with to find out what is wrong with my digestive system. The oh-so-omnipotent gastroenterologist who came so highly recommended told me absolutely nothing helpful, and took a lot of my money, too. I thought it might have been related to my gall bladder, but wouldn't this affect my right side instead? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP! Thank you.

It looks like I have the same symptoms. In march I went to the E.R. because the shoulder pain was to much. I had trouble breathing, pain in my left side. They did a CT scan. Said I had fluid inbetween the two outer layers of my lung. They gave me steroids and antibiotics. The pain went away. But three weeks later a small pain in my side came back. Another hospital MD Anderson a cancer hospital in Houston TX because I am a cancer patient. But not related to the pain. The doctor did another CT scan. Found a blood clot in my right lung. But he said it had nothing to do with the pain. Had to go to the ER again today. The pain got worse in my shoulder again. The doctor believes it might be, (Pleurisy, inflammation of the pleura) (the membrane that covers the lungs and lines the chest cavity). It is sometimes accompanied by pain and coughing. The inflammation may be dry or it may be accompanied by an effusion, or fluid, that fills the chest cavity; when the effusion is infected, the condition is known as empyema. The dry type of pleurisy usually occurs in association with bacterial infections such as pneumonia. Pleurisy with effusion is often associated with such chronic lung conditions as tuberculosis or tumors. Immune disorders such as lupus and rheumatic fever tend to have recurrent pleurisy, with or without effusion. Epidemic pleurodynia, a pleurisy attributed to a virus, is a mild disease of short duration. Treatment of pleurisy is directed at the underlying condition as well as the symptoms. But since I am taking blood thinner now. I can't take antibiodics. Only could give me pain pills.

I am also having the same pain as you Dpark but have already had my gall bladder removed along with my appendix. I also have undergone a nissan fundoplication for my gerd which has not been a problem since. Last night I was laying trying to get comfortable when all of a suddenly I thought I was gonna die a gassy almost unconsious state kicked in where stabbing pain hit my upper right and left abdominal quadrants along with a feeling of a pulled muscle in my left shoulder blade which I thought was from sleeping on the floor but was I wrong since I slept in my bed the following night and still throughout the night the pain has gotten considerably worse. Due to the fact I have no health insurance I am leery about going to the er but if it gets any worse I do not think I have a choice but since it is Easter Sunday My doctors office isnt open till tomorrow and at least it will be slighty cheaper in the end. I have kidney stones now and after my GERD correction surgery I decided to keep the weight off that I had lost due to not eating after the surgery and now the pain comes back almost feels like the gall stones I passed before them removing my G. Bladder but that can not be due to the fact that it has already been taken out so if anyone can shed some light on my current painful situation it would be greatly appreciated

Hi everyone,

I have experienced pretty much all the same symptoms, and had all (yes, ALL) the same diagnoses. Migraines, Crohn's Disease, IBS; they looked for cancer, tumors, any and every disease of the blood, brain, digestive system. In November of 2006 I started throwing up and literally couldn't stop. For five months I was unable to eat or drink anything, not even ice chips. I was literally starving to death, and morphine barely dulled the pain. My doctors ran every test they could think of, some several times. I was told I had emotional problems, that there was nothing physically wrong with me. I knew they were wrong. Finally about two months ago, my GI specialist checked for Celiac Disease as a last-ditch effort. Low and behold, THAT is what has been causing EVERYTHING! I am allergic to gluten (a protein found in wheat, oats, rye, barley, flour in general...) I have been on the GF (gluten-free) diet for a little over a month and I am feeling better than I have in my whole life. My heart goes out to anyone suffering like I did. It may be worth asking your doctor to do the blood test required to make the initial diagnoses. If your docs refuse or say it's not what you have, get a second opinion. And a third opinion, and a fourth...I went through six TEAMS of doctors before my GI Specialist thought of it (and he was literally out of options -I was on IV Therapy home care, a step away from hospice!). That man literally saved my life. I hope this helps anyone who reads this. Good luck!

Some of the comments on this page sound like symptoms I had. I'm 24 and during my 5th month of pregnancy I started having severe pains in the center of my chest (though talking with doctors it can be on your left side as well as up in your shoulder). We thought it was just the baby, but 2 weeks after having her I wound up in the ER with it. The pains would cause shortness of breath and nausea (I did vomit on the night I went to the ER). They checked my liver and pancreatic enzyme levels and then did an ultrasound the next day. It was Gall stones. These are very common amongst women who are taking or have taken birth control and who have or are pregnant. Doesn't matter your age. I had my Gall bladder removed a few weeks later in an out-patient surgery ( a very easy one to have and recover from). The only side affects I have seen were at first I had some mild diareha (SP?) and now I sometimes have to be careful of how much greasy foods I eat. Other than that I eat what I want to when I want to, In fact several hours after my surgery I was wanting KFC for dinner, and I ate it , haha. So I think several of you should probably have your gall bladder checked out since the symptoms you are having sound like mine! Hope this helped out at least a little!

I had these symptoms, and it was pleurisy caused by severe pneumonia.

i fit ALL to most of the "LEFT PAIN SHARP RAZOR like sharp pain"mine :-(
come for around/about 20 seconds or less in rapid form repeatedly when
i am TRYING TO GET UP/stand up barely walking without the pain coming
back on the LEFT HIP TO LOWER ABDOMEN area,repeatedly then i do
NOT feel it when STRETCH OUT COMFY on my bed

, BUT I do at times :'(
feel it when TURNING OVER ON MY SIDE,and when i am again standing up
then MORE so sitting down for the first five or ten minutes or less.

like now i am typing this right?reading this forum for 2 hours almost and no pain at all.
i am only in my mid 30s never smoke never drink nothing ever and i did
have kidney stones one time but around three to four years now i have
been feeling just fine.

just need to know WHAT THIS LEFT SHARP SIDE pain is that is coming and going. glad to see OTHERS ARE GOING THROUGH It too as i am happy as long as it is NOT LIFE THREATENING.as i am going to call doc manan(tomorrow)for medication and or if needed more testing to make
sure of what this LEFT SIDE PAIN by hip area waist,left side abdomen is.

good luck and here is too HAPPY LONG LIVING AND good health forever.
god speed to you all.