I'm A Single Mom And I Have Been Having This Problem Four Almost A Year Now, Ever Scence I Miscarried Lost Child In The Third Month. I Have Numbness In Left Side Of Dad And Left Arm Feels Like There Is A Lumb On The Left Side Of My Throat And Left Ear I've Been To The E.R . 8 Times They Say There Is Nothing Wrong. It Will Get To Where I Will Almost Black Out They Put Of On Motion Sickness Pills Because Of The Off Balance And I Have One Bad Tooth Of The Left Side . A Sacred Single Parent Please Help Thank You

I am not sure what this is but I would go to a diff doctor if I was you. Get a second opinion.

I also am having similar problems, it has been going on for about 8 months now. I have numbness down my left side, it starts in my head and works its way down my left arm, this can last an hour at a time before the feeling comes back. Im 29 years old and am reletivley healthy. Ive seen doctors who then refered me to a specialist who i have seen twice, ive had lots of tests done including CT scan, but i am still none the wiser on what this is and why it is happening.

i am 30 weeks pregnant and experienced the same sort of thing last night for the first time.it also started with the left side of my head,then my ear and neck and arm all on the left side.it was like a uumb aching pain.i have also had a sore patch in my throat that same side for about 3 weeks.it was a very paculiar feeling!!

I have had chronic problems similar to yours. I have had them for almost 2 years now. I have unilateral facial and shoulder numbness from time to time on the left side. I have considered it possibly due to lymph swelling on my left side. I am not really sure. In the morning I also have mucus problems seriously and minorly thoughout the day typically. It effects my voice and also find myself constantly trying to clear my throat with no success. I also have some problems with my left ear.

In the morning I cough up the thick yellow and green stuff. I have dicomfort through out the day. I hear my voice crack at times and my voice gets really tired very easily. Not a good thing when I am a teacher.

Anyway, I have had my tonsils removed in response to these chronic problems. That didn't helped, though the doctors promised it would. Since then I have been on almost every pill imaginable, loads of different antibiotics: amoxicillin, ceflexin, azithormycin, and many many more. That is the doctor's typical solution. However, that seems to be all of their solutions, through antibiotics at it. The antibiotics have done less then nothing, but they still prescribe them every time even though I told them it doesn't work.

I am also living in China now, I have also tried some Eastern medicine approaches on this. They have been equally disappointing.

I am sorry I don't have any answers for you. I have pretty much gotten the same response, doctors telling me there is nothing wrong with me. It is funny, because it is obvious to me something is. Good luck and it is at least a little comforting to know I am not the only one with these woes.

hi there, have you ever been checked out for fibromyalgia, i have the pain in the left arm and chest area, and my whole back hurts and i am on the fibromyalgia chat site, and it is very informative and helpful, you can check out the site at www.fibromyalgiachat.com or www.fibromyalgia.com

joanne

I have had symptoms very similar to what you have all described. I have had CT scans, MRIs, seen several doctors and specialists- They all think that I am crazy pretty much! It is so frustrating- It seems to be worse in the warmer months- I thought it may be allergy related but allergy meds don't help. Sometimes sucking on a menthol cough drop or using menthol rub (Vicks) provides temporary relief. Good Luck! Hope you find more helpful medical professionals that I did.

Ask a neurologist about trigeminal neuralgia.

I have been struggling with what seem to be similar symptoms for just over a week now (usually upon waking in the morning), also feeling slightly dizzy, along with feeling as if I'll faint or blackout, and even went to the emergency room one night because of it. I had a slight tingling in my left arm though, as well as slight numbness and I could tell my blood pressure was out of control (high), so thought it related, and this is what the ER doctor basically treated me for, high blood pressure. Yet, some of the numbness and aches still occur. Some days better than others. I'm just curious if anyone else noticed their blood pressure was/is affected somewhat extremely during these attacks?

I have had similar symptoms for 3.5 weeks now. occasional left arm and fingers tingling and steady left face numbness. Saw a neuro and they are doing an MRI on suspicion of MS... scared as hell.

30 yr old male, good health otherwise

I'm 29, and in fairly decent health (I think). I've been worrying about everything else this could be, so somehow skipped over MS, until now! I need an MRI. It's really too bad my health care provider denied my renewal back in March. :(

I am having face numbness and also left arm and leg. I thought mine was a sciatic nerve problem as it started in my leg. I went to the er today and they took all kinds of tests including a ct scan. Everything came back ok. They just sent me home with pain meds, etc. I think I might need to get more tests done.
I didn't think about Ms either. The doctor today also mentioned lack of vitamins and thyroid problems.
Just found this site.
Haven't had many health problems either.....

I am worried, and probably going to lose my job because of this. I am a single mother and I am also going through the same symptoms. The only difference is I have had this for almost five years now off and on and no one can give me an answer. I have been through at least 10 doctors plus all the specialists they send me to. I have Fibro, I have a thyroid condition, I have borderline diabetes. I have been tested for every possible condition that is known. I have been keeping a journal for the past few months now and I have noticed I can tell when my Fibro kicks in and if my thyroid if off, and when my sugar has gone to high. But I still can not get a handle on this! I have been working in my house plus my regular job and then one morning I wake up with discomfort in my shoulder, neck, and chest, and then the numbness and tingling starts. The dizziness is horrible. I can not go to work, because I can not drive. This is an absolute horrible feeling. With my Fibro, I can have all of these symptoms. Now I have gone through all types of tests and including testing for MS about five years ago, but I did not get a spinal tap. Do not get a spinal tap until all other tests are done for MS. But I am gone to ask my doctor again to test me for MS. The reason being, when I read up on MS you can have small occurrences for years before if becomes noticeable to doctors. Good Luck to you all, I hope you can find a doctor out the there and if you do let me know please! :-( ?

[POST REMOVED]

Hey, This might help you all out. I have the same symptoms too, face numbness and slight numbness in my limbs etc. accompanied by a feeling of paranoia or anxiousness. It all started happening after I had something called a "Panic attack". One day after drinking a HUGE thing of energy drinks, (I was taking ritalin at the time, which is a stimulant, i dont take it anymore) and after eating some chinese food with family, all of a sudden my heart beat really fast, i began to feel worried and like I was going crazy or losing my mind. Then everything became "spacey" in a sense, and I got real dizzy. It lasted for awhile, and after I calmed down the tingling and numbness was still present for a lil while. I read up and found out that it was Panic Attack. What happens is when you start having one, you began to start thinking the worst, and in turn, you scare yourself more, and then you heart beats faster, then your "flight or fight" response kicks in, releasing large amounts of adrenaline throughout your body, making you feel numb and tingly throughout your body. That may be what you all are experiencing, perhaps a slight rush in adrenaline that your body is not used to. After reading about it, I just relaxed and if I felt like I was getting nervous or paranoid I would just think nice thoughts, and I KNOW theres nothing wrong with me for sure. I know that all some of you have been seeing doctors and are worried and set on finding out what it is, this creates a lot of stress and fear in your lives, which may in turn cause your adrenal gland to run at a steady frequency throughout the day, which may explain why you are numb throughout the day. I am getting better after realizing all of this, but sometimes I feel numb still, and you just have to tell yourself that its just the adrenaline, and that you will be fine.
Hope this may have helped some people :-D