In the middle of May, I went to my first ultrasound, only to find out my baby had died around 9 weeks 2 days. I miscarried that Memorial weekend. My first period after the miscarriage started on July 3rd, and was very normal, lasting about 6 days. My husband and I have unprotected sex as well. My last period was a little weird, though. I know that after a miscarriage, cycles and period can be really weird, but I cant help but wonder. It started on August 1st, already making it one day late. Then it only lasted two days. It wasnt a heavy flow, but it seemed about normal. Four days later, I bled again for less than 24 hours. It was suped light bleeding, only enough for a panty liner. Miscarriage in mind, I still cant help but wonder if I am pregnant. But then again, Im afraid to get my hopes up and take a test.

Hi honey! 1st of all a HUGE hug and my sympathies for your loss!

You need to know that when you miscarry it usually cleans out not only old lining but new as well, so your period would be lighter and a bit weird!

IF you know when you ovulate, that entire week, 3 days beofre and 3 days after just "go for it!" And start taking prental vitiamins! You could still be pregnant and you should wait another week and then take a test! It ALL depends on when you had unprotected sex! IF yuou can give me the dates I can help you further!

Well, I am not for sure of the dates, but we have sex pretty regularly. Every two or three days on average, and always unprotected. I know my period can be different after a miscarriage, but the reason Im asking is because my first period afterwards was completely normal. I mean, is that normal? For the first one to be normal, then later on it becomes messed up? Plus, Ive been having a lot more discharge lately, but that is the only early pregnancy sign I can notice right now. Do you think that maybe I should wait until when my next period should be due and see if it comes, or take a test before then? My husband is telling me it is probably due to the miscarriage, and I dont want to get his hopes up by buying a pregnancy test.

Yeah it's not that regular to have a regular period then a weird one! So you MIGHT be in your early stages Do you happen to know when you ovulated this month? Are your periods regular, and also when you had your last period, do you know the dates of unprotected sex!

I really have no idea when the dates of unprotected sex were, like I said, all I know is that we have sex pretty regularly. I didn't keep track of when I was supposed to ovulate last month because everyone kept telling me it would be irregular due to the miscarriage. My periods have always been regular. I've always had 28 day cycles, and I could tell when I was going to start my period almost right down to the hour. Then they always lasted 4-5 days. They were never different.

Sorry, that last post was from me, but I forgot to sign onto the site.

We are going to have to wait a bit longer then! It's hard when there isn't a defining date! And it adds a bit more to the mix, when there has been a loss, - as it can effect things (such as ovulation) Lets wait another week, then take a test!

Ok Thank you for the input. I agree. I'll wait one more week.