Hi. I suffer from severe stenosis (both in lumbar and cervical areas). The pain is constant and I can`t stand it any longer. What to do? Meds are no longer helpful. Is surgery my only option left? What are my options?

Hi. I suffer from severe stenosis too and severe stenosis most commonly requires surgery. You have many types of surgery. Decompressive laminectomy is the most common surgery in the lumbar spine. Other types of surgery include laminotomy, foraminotomy, medial facetectomy, anterior cervical discectomy and fusion, cervical corpectomy and laminoplasty. The prognosis is not so good if your nerves are badly damaged. In that case, there may be no improvement. The degenerative process is also very likely to continue. The pain may reappear some five years or more, after the procedure.