I had read acids are very important structural components of wine. I have heard if a wine is too low in acid, it tastes flat and dull. Other way, if a wine is too high in acid, it tastes too tart and sour. That is why I guess that winemaker can easily manipulate the acidity. I can realize acidity is much important, so I want to hear more about it.

The principal acids found in grapes, and therefore wine, are several different acids. Those are tartaric acid, potassium hydrogen tartrate, malic acid and potassium hydrogen malate. Tartaric acid and potassium hydrogen tartrate are predominant acids in wine. You might remember that potassium hydrogen tartrate, and potassium hydrogen malate is derivatives of tartaric and malic acids. The relative amounts of tartaric and malic acids vary depending on the grape variety and on where the grapes for the wine are grown. Tartaric and malic acids are produced by the grape as it develops, and in warm climates, these acids are lost through the biochemical process of respiration. Therefore, grapes grown in warmer climates have lower acidity than grapes grown in cooler climates as you could conclude from this story. The malolactic fermentation is an important natural process for adjusting acidity to the wine. This might lowers the acidity by converting malic acid to lactic acid and carbon dioxide.

the acids in wine are natural,. you cant just add acid/base to it after its fermented because it would taste aweful.