anyone out there know how to cleanse the digestive system of old stuff.....frequent sideeffect of opiate use is chronic constipation, i have jsut started a job at an aftercare for users getting off their drug of choice........want to offer food therapy, juice therapy, i heard yesterday shouldnt detox them too quickly.........most dont want to eat or cant eat much......thought juice would be good for that....beet, carrot, apple, celery and orange is a good one for cleansing, i ve been giving them grated veggies, with lime juice, how do i give them protein if they are bunged up.........any help appreciated

Enemas are the best way t rid the boowels of built up toxins ,they worked for me !!!

:'(
I've been an opiate addict for about 25yrs.20 on Meth. The ONLY thing thatworks for me is generic "Ducluax" You have to 6 at once, and 10-12 hours you'll start getting cramps. They pass after about 30 secs.But near a bathroom, you'r gonna need itt. Good luck and tell me how everything turns out. "sorry for pun"..........Larry

Make sure the diet has fiber!!!!, 20 - 60 grams, you may have to start out with a small amount and build up to avoid discomfort. Roughage from wholewheat (preferably stoneground) should be added to the diet.

Two tablespoons of blackstrap molasses in warm water shifts most people's difficult problems without much strain.

Yogurt is also recommended because of it restores good bacteria necessary for digestion in the colon, this is especially important when taking antibiotics as they destroy this good bacteria. Avoid yogurt that is made with synthetic colorings and flavorings.

Juice Therapy:

Apples

Apples are not only high in mineral content, but also contains pectins, malic acid and tannic acid, all of which are af great therapeutic importance in normalizing the intestines. Besides being a good dring, Apple Juice works as a great cleanser and vital in helping to sort out digestive disturbances.

Carrots

A great source of pro-vitamin A and essential to any daily juicing plan. When carrots are taken with milk, the utilization of carotene as vitamin A is considerably increased. Besides vitamin A, carrots have significant amounts of the vitamins thiamine, riboflavin, nicotinic acid, ascorbic acid (vitamin c), panthothenic acid, B6, biotin, folic acid and the minerals potassium, sodium, calcium, magnesium, iron, phosphorus, sulfur, copper and chlorine.

Spinach

One of the best ways of dealing with constipation. Roughage, especially in the form of cereal fiber, is an essential part of any natural diet and often is enough to relieve the trouble. However, when spinach alone is not effective, raw spinach usually does the trick. Spinach is rich in vitamins, containing almost as much carotene (pro vitamin A) as young carrots, thiamine, riboflavin, and nicotinic acid, as much vitamin C as oranges and more folic acid than any culinary vegetable (except asparagus).

Potato

Potato Juice is soothing to the gastric tract, therefore it is used for gastritis, relieves constipation, and helps hemorrhoids. Raw potato has a nutty flavor which is quite nice, though some people do not like the starchy flavor. Both flavor and effect can be much improved by combining it with other juices, especially lemon or carrot juice.

Papaya

The papaya is an amazingly rich source of proteolytic enzymes. These enzymes make the digestion of meat possible. These enzymes are extracted and dried as a powder to aid the digestion and, it is often used as a meat tenderizer as the enzyme partially breaks down the meat fiber making it easier to digest. As a cleanser, take ½ cup of papaya with ½ cup of cucumber or green bean juice every to hours for twelve hours.

Pineapple

Pineapple contains the protein digesting enzyme mixture called bromelain. These enzymes are discussed in the notes on papaya. Pineapple is also thought to be good for the heart, but should not be used by those with hemophilia or diseases of the kidneys and liver.

Just remember, as this is a natural approach, do not expect to see the results overnight. Don't let that discourage you, though. The human body is very resilient and by providing the nutrients that the body needs to aid in proper digestion, the bodis will use it's natural healing ability to restore its balance.

Also make sure to include plenty of water: 6-8 glasses a day. Especially when increasing fiber.

Did you find the generic worked or did you need thebrand name?$$$

Generics are essentially no different. Just the name.

I would advocate an Indian diet consisting of lentils, pulses, whole rice, vegetables like cabbage, broccoli, stuff like that .... make sure they start their day by drinking 2-3 glasses of warm water , its the best laxative and I swear by it. Also include dried fruits such as figs, almonds, cashew nuts, raisins and prunes in their diet. Regular exercise such as a jog in the park etc is also beneficial and it works on the bowels.

Hi - I have had some experience with cleansing those on methadone and you definitely must not cleanse them too fast. Working on their liver and colon is the best start. Colonics if possible or enemas. A gentle but effective natural laxative containing Cascara sagrada would be beneficial but not too much Senna as it is a bit harsh.
Water really is a huge deal as far as cleansing and large amounts of fresh juices and raw foods.
1 cup of epsom salts blended with a whole grapefruit (skin on) packed onto the liver and left for 4 hours is very beneficial as well as epsom salt baths to draw out toxins and rubbing the body down from head to toe with wet epsom salts as the salts have a strong drawing power.
I hope this helps - plenty of rest in the first few days and then plenty of rigorous outdoor exercise in the sunshine such as gardening is wonderful for the mind and body.

When detoxing they're not going to want to do anything at all. Then the issue of constipation makes it worse. I know from experience. Give them Magnesium oxide supplement of about 1000 to 1500 mg every single day to get things moving along without any pain. The laxatives are dangerous for many, as many addicts have other health issues, such as HIV and hepc so careful with that and no iron supplements. Apple sauce several times everyday can help. People must realize that these people have been constipated for a long time, there's tons of build up and toxins. Methadone metabolites take a very long time to clear out from the body then it's also an issue with this dopamine brain levels being out of whack. Give clonodine 0.1 - 0.2 mg 3 times a day to ease the withdrawals so you can get them up and out to hurry it all along

Yes, I knew his was old but this but I thought it can be of help to so many people still very relevant. I found it and others will to.
Don't you hate the as****e always pointing out the the elephant in the room! Hahaha

I'm on day five of detoxing from heroin, I've been on it 18 months, I couldn't move for two days but I feel better now, I'm going to try the salt baths to see if that helps rid my body of the c**p, thanks