Couldn't find what you looking for?

TRY OUR SEARCH!

Hi all,

Up until a few years ago I could drink just about anything I wanted. But recently if I drink just about any kind of wine, champagne and some beers I get an almost instant reaction. Pressure builds up in the center of my chest and becomes very painful. The only thing that relieves it a little is to lie on my chest on the floor. Pepto helps a little but not always and not for very long. It usually lasts about 30-40 minutes and is really awful. What the heck is causing this? It's kind of like I have to burp but can't. There is no acid reflux or heart burn, just a painful pressure. I can drink liquor in mixed drinks no problem at all, I can drink most beers but some of the ones with higher alcohol content and fruity tastes seem to cause it as well. Please help!

Thank you

Loading...

It was the same with me. I was able to drink whatever I could and I never felt sick about this. Until a past couple of years when I had a really extreme stomach discomfort after drinking alcohol. What really bothered me the most was this chest pain after drinking alcohol that was really terrifying and really scared me. My doctor tried to explain to me that the acidic fruit component in the drinks usually causes your stomach and your ribs acid to become very acidic, which is causing a pain. That is the explanation, but just to be sure what is in your case, you should seek help and made an appointment to your doctor. 

Reply

Loading...

Anyone notice that most of the replies have something to do w/ asthma and allergies? I've had both since childhood. Didn't notice this occurrence until the last 2 yrs and I'm 32. Possibly a allergic reaction, small asthma attack... But I believe if has something to do w/ the asthma/allergy meds ppl take. More so asthma meds
Reply

Loading...