I had my gallbladder removed a year ago in March. Since then I have had heartburn almost everyday. It has gotten so bad that I am now taking 3 OTC acid reducers a day. I have relux because everytime I bend over it comes up. I have gained about 20 lbs in the last year and my stomach feels bloated all the time. I have pain in my back below my shoulderblade just like when I had gallbladder problems and I am tired all the time. Is the missing gallbladder causing this or is it something else causing this?

The gallbladder is responsible for storing bile, which is manufactured by the liver and needed to emulsify fats. Likewise, it is important!! Anyone who has had a gallbladder removed should WITHOUT QUESTION be taking an digestive enzyme for life. A decent brand is NOW Super Enzyme (you want to include ox bile and hydrochloric acid with the other digestive enzymes and this brand does that). Get off the antacids. The acid you are experiencing is a result of the acids that are produced from the foods that are not getting broken down because you lack sufficient hydrochloric acid in your stomach. These foods are fermenting and producing acids which you are experiencing as heart burn. Weight gain is always a possiblity when there is impaired digestion and subsequent constipation. Pick up an enzyme and take up to 3 with each meal depending on how heavy it is. Do not take with salads, however. You may find taking a shot of apple cider vinegar is helpful too. This is what I do when I have heart burn. Not only does it do the job, but its cheap, and AU NATUREL!!

Please try the enzymes - you need bile to emulsify fats, and this includes important things like your essential fatty acids (omega 3 from flaxseed oil or salmon), as well as your fat soluble vitamins A, E, D, K... All of these are essential to good health.

Best of health : )