Hello, i have been searching the internet for the past month trying to help me learn more about my acne and how to get rid of it. I have tried tretinoin cream/benzoyl peroxide and have recently stopped using both. I was on tretinoin for more than half a year, when it is supposed to take care of my mild acne in 4/6 months. I know patience is key to these situations but the tretinoin wouldn't stop bringing acne out and clearing my face. Ever since i've been using nothing it's been getting better, but i still have mild acne. is there a way to regulate hormones naturally? and also does masterbation cause acne? if it does, then wouldn't the urge to masterbate and being turned on while not jerking it cause hormones too? one more question, if there is some people out there who fought off there acne or made it better could they post their story or w/e

thanks alot

MAsturbation is in no way linked to acne development and stopping masturbation will not decrease acne formation. What worked for me were regular cosmetician visits. I had treatments once a month and my cosmetician has been cleaning my face and removing acne. I still had outbreaks but the face pretty much cleared itself when I was regular.

When I stop seeing my cosmetician, i just continue cleaning it regularly, every morning and night with a regular cleansing milk and a lotian. You can't get away from them no matter what you use.

I am not in puberty any more but i still have acne. :-(

I thought that masterbating would decrease Ance, due to the sex hormones produce by the adrenal glands in your brain. Would this help at all, can it seems to help me...?

There is little doubt your acne was caused by the guilt trip your on. Anyone who thinks acne is called by pulling pork is really out there. You and people who think like you are the absolute reason there are many walking wounded out there beating themsevles up with guilt because they are doing some natural.

I thought this type of thinking was gone with the 50's ...

I say get a grip and a tube of zit cream and whack that bad boy.

why do you say it is a bad thing?? This is normal for a oung person to perform such an act. Do not foind yourself guilty and do not feel bad..

alright heres what ive been through when i 1st got acne it was just ok what ever, then over time it got worse and i reconized a pattern when i either mastribated or had sex my acne would flare up then subside if i didnt beat it or have sex in a while then over more time the problem got worse the time it took to subside turned from days to weeks ive also noticed what u said before when im turned on it gets worse but not as bad so i guess u got to resistste the urge as much as possible and avoid situations where u will get turned on aka porn if you have a girl friend or wife i dont think you should let it effect sex. but my acne toliogist or what ever they are called say mastribation and sex doesnt cause acne

the answer is simple, no masterbation=no acne...every once in a while you will see a mild pop up and that will make you mad..and feel like it isnt working but over all you are fighting acne and scarring every time you dont stroke the salami. Look the science of acne is caused by hormonal inefficiency or defficiency. When you are growing up your hormones utilize all of the minerals in your body for your skin, hair, and other types of things. One of the minerals is zinc. Every time you masterbate and ejaculation occurs you lose about 5mg of zinc. Zinc is an important mineral in the look and feel of your skin. Without this zinc your hormones will be out of sync, and also they will tend to cause soring tiredness and ladck of concentration. The answer with acne is simple, drink 8 glasses of water a day, have some rest, dont masterbate, and most of all dont stress yourself out. There will be days when you master bate, but dont give up hope...one less day of masterbation means one less pimple and scar on your face tomorrow.

Masterbation is a healthy habit, as long as you do it in moderation. It is unreal to believe anyone can live life without a healthy, safe, and legal out let for their sexual prowness.

Guest wrote:

Mastertbation is never a healthy thing believe me it is more than a sin....When i was alittle younger i stoped for a long wile because i used to feel ofended because my cousin never used to do it and i felt it would be bad if he knew.

I'm sorry, but if your cousin is a healthy teenage boy, he masturbates, no matter what he says. Frankly, I find your view on masturbation quite appalling and immature. Masturbating is in no way a sin, or if it is, then I'm afraid that there's no help for any of us and pretty much every single human being is going to hell or whatever it is you believe in. Your cousin obviously just doesn't feel comfortable talking with you about his masturbating; either that or he's been having a lot of wet dreams. Cause, guess what, sperm is replaced every six weeks and the old sperm needs to be gotten rid of somehow. In other words, if your cousin really isn't masturbating, then he has either remained at the stage where he's having wet dreams or has regressed back to it. Masturbating is a natural progression in development and I don't know what church you go to, but I would suggest that you actually bother to find out some concrete facts before you go around posting your right wing opinions and claiming them as truth.

P.S. Spell-check is your friend; use it.

I started masterbation when I was about 13 and I don't think i've stopped for more than 2weeks since, Im 16 now an I found that when I stopped for a week or so my acne cleared up ALOT. I don't think masterbation is wrong at all Its natural, but I think that you should give yourself a break at times to let your body recoup some of the sh*t its lost for e.g Protein, Zinc(lack of zinc can lead to acne), Calcium etc. Im not telling you to stop but let your body recoup some minerals that are lost every now n then, its hard to do but when you resist you feel like you've achieved something. Masterbation can decrease the chances of prostate cancer too, which is to do with your testicles so dont stop completely :]. Happy Hunting.

hi i am suffering from masterbation. when i was15years old. I do this first every day some time one time up to four or thrtee days.My own experience it is very dangerous. It is destroy the marrage life makes man sisy. please tell the people its stop. i meet thelot of doctor they tell me it is mnot bad some docter told me it is veery harmful.You do this at least three times in one month it is ok,othgerwise u go fastly sisi.And it is my own experience.

Upon masturbation, the sex hormones like testosterone, progesterone's etc
undergo change in their metabolism, thus inturn leading to activation of sebaceous glands under skin near the regions life face, chest, back etc..
Sebaceous glands secrete sebum oil upon which bacteria feeds thus leading to worsening of skin via acne. Medical research says that masturbation causes acne while sex decreases acne. Thats why people get rid of acne once
they get married.
Better stop masturbation, search for a gal. XD

I have acne its pritty anoying. I did notice that it goes away when I stop jerking off for a while. It is a healthy way to get sexual stress off but if you stop spanking it for a couple of days it becomes really easy even without it. I noticed every summer when i go to different country I feal bad and uncomfortable to jerk off in my grandparents house so i stop for like months. My acne clears up almost completely and I get haka poon when I get back, but then it comes back cuz i become a chronic masterbater again. I think ill try to stop to test my theory. It is possible that its the shitty food that america has with all the hormones that causes it. Or that summer has a lot of sun so my acne gets exposed to teh sun ad that clears it up. But I have a fealing that masterbating has something to do with my acne. because when I do masterbate I want to do it moer and more like I need to do it before I go to sleap and in teh morning but when I stop it becomes really easy and I am very calm all the time. So I will test it on my self and let u ppl know in a month ... If I can last that long.

It is true that masterbation can cause acne for some people... when hormones are goin up n down some skin types are sensitive to that fluxuation hence flareups... same thing can be said with people who smoke marijuana... marijuana makes your hormones fluxuate... again causing breakouts with people with sensitive skin to hormones.

For all the people who call this obsurd you simply dont have sensitive skin towards changing hormone balances and wouldnt know what sufferers are talking about... dermatologists say there is no link between masterbating and acne but they also say that hormone inbalances can cause acne thus contradicting themselves. they should create a study on this and im sure therell be new findings and a different outcome

When I would get a flare up of acne I would stop masturbating because I would get low self esteem. Then when I'd start masturbating it went away. It makes sense to me. You get acne when you're going through puberty because your hormones are starting to rage... so releasing them more often would be a way to balance it a bit. And if you think masturbating is a sin... HAH. Not even worth my time to defend it.