i have a few pimples on my back and i heard that masturbation may cause this..is this true?

Jeff...acne is often caused by stress, and masturbation relieves stress. The only way masturbation could be a problem is if you sweat during doing so and don't wipe your face, chest, back, or other acne prone areas and cleanse them of the sweat.

Cheers and happy whackin'.

I highly doubt that masturbation causes pimples. Pimples are caused usually by intaking a lot of sugary foods, like chocolate and carbonated pops. There's also rumors that claim masturbation leads to blindness, which is bogus. If you have pimples on your back, stop the intake of so much sugary products and keep on masturbating. Masturbating is the best :)

Everyone says that masturbation does not cause Acne; I serously have my doubts about that. I started masturbating when I was 13 years old, back when my skin was as smooth as a baby's butt. It had been about a year since I started masturbating when I started to get acne. At first it was not that bad, but then it got worse. I first heard that masturbation causes acne from my father 3 years after I had started masturbating, and by that time I was whacking it 3 times a day. At first I did not belive my father (who by the way is a certified health practicioner), who was noticing my changing physical features and starting to suspect that i masturbated (I never told him that i did). I then decided to test this myth for myself.

I did notice that after every ejaculation I had, my acne would increase in size; my black heads would transform into pimples, and along with that more black heads would form. That was when I decided to stop masturbating. It took a while for my acne to go away, and it did. That was when I decided to please myself all over again, and again blackheads started to form, later to become pimples.

I stopped again, and the acne left me again. Nowadays I masturbate only once every 3 months, but the effects it has on me always take place, not neccessarily to its farthest extent, but after every ejaculation my forhead transforms almost immedialtley. I can't enjoy mysef as much as i used to because I know it will make me look worse. I don't understand why this happens, why masturbating causes acne on me. All I know is that it does not happen to every guy, everyones body is different, but im sure there are others out there who are going through the same thing i'm goin. I want to masturbate as much as I want, but I can't without knowing that its will leave its scar upon my face. What can i do about this?

Masturbation does increase acne. Sexual activity directly affects the release of hormones which causes inflammation in the skin(acne). Pretty much anything that causes your blood pressure/rate to rise helps worsen acne (exercising, stress, suger, caffeine, sex). The best way of counter acting these hormones in a sexually active person includes eating foods that are anti inflammatory which will help to reduce acne caused by hormones. Such foods include grinded flax seeds, garlic, salmon, ...basically eat like a diabetic. Search google for anti inflammatory foods. I masturbate daily and try to stay away from greasy foods like hamburgers and fast food. Never diet by eating less rather diet by eating better foods like fruit and nuts. doing this helps give you more energy and fight imflammation which leads to better sex!

Yes i have experimented this. Masturbation causes acne; and conversely, sexual intercourse doesn't cause acne, infact it reduces. masturbation is done by ourselve, it is not natural, we know that. the feeling i feel during and after sexual inetrcourse is completely different compared to masturbation. i have notice, if i do have a pimple or an acne vulgaris, it VANISHES the following day after my sexual intact with my partner. however when i used to do masturbate, the pimples doubled in size overnight! i think this is mysterious. I think we girls over do some things to achieve orgasm soon. whereas in sexual intercourse our thread is in hands of our partner, we get it on time we should, not early not late!!!!

Just to clear somethings up for ye :

Food does not affect acne, drinking water will not affect acne, masturbating will not affect acne. Being unclean will not affect acne.

I'm a dermatologist, trust me, don't listen to the nonsense you hear on websites.

The ways to treat acne are:
1) This sounds stupid but the main reason people have back acne/ facial acne etc is because they pick and irritate their skin. When you pick , you create a larger cavity and often pushing the white cells ( the white stuff " pus") deeper into the skin and in to adjacent segments of your epidermis and even often the dermis ( layer below epidermis ).

2) Acne is cause by hormones, so lets try to thing back to your school biology, what affects your hormones? Food? no. Masturbation, yes but not the ones directly related to acne. Stress? ..... yes. When we start getting stressed out, we release adrenaline, noradrenaline, this increases our sebaceous and exocrine release. However, contrary to what people believe its the chemical that slows/stops these guys that causes acne break out - AcH.

3. If your skin is covered with more than 20% , then go to your doctor. Normally, if he/she knows what they are talking about will send you to a dermatologist who will place you on roaccutane, this is the only drug/ cure that officially works. Light treatments, dermabrasion,sun-light etc, you name it, they cover your problem, they don't get rid of it.

4. In general however, do the following, watch daily with a neutral soap/ cleanser. Get exercise ( sounds stupid but true ), and also consider swimming if you have back acne. It helps in the sense it cleans any bacteria but it has a more beneficial advantage, it improves your confidence. No matter what skin you have, your still handsome/ beautiful. To forget that is to forget yourself. The problem with acne is not physical, its mental. Over come this, accept it and I promise you, that you will realize that acne is a skin deep problem, only thin layered :-D

Girls usually have worst acne guys, but then again, going on the pill clears it for them. Some of you probably wish you were a girl now :-)

Dave

So i have the same experience with Jerry Cast. I swear i thought i was the only dude with this problem. like Jerry i noticed that when i masturbate i would get ance the next day, or the day after, and when i stopped, my acne would clear up.

obviously it's not just masturbation, it’s any sexual activity. when I had sex I would also break out the next day or the days after. same thing with blowjobs, when I get them, I’d break out the next day or the day after. this krap is driving me nuts, it’s either I enjoy or suffer with bad acne.

for the longest time I kept denying this, and would test it. and every time, acne never failed to come after sexual arousal. so like someone mentioned, it’s the increase in hormones that cause acne. so is that what’s happening with me? sexual arousal is causing hormones to increase?

and what hormones specifically is it? and what can I do to stop this?

I also work out, but I never noticed any correlation between working out and acne. if anything it seems to decrease acne… but that’s just my personal experience. drinking plenty of water seems to have helped me too. I heard when you pee yellow, your body is dehydrated, so I always drink enough water to make sure its clear. that has really helped with clearing my acne as well. I know research says the stuff I mentioned doesn’t help, but it has helped me.

hut yeah can anyone help explain my situation? I wish I could go to a dermatologist, but I don’t have health insurance. tryna finish college.

I totally agree with everyone who says masturbation affects acne. It really does!!!! It just takes not masturbating for a week to see the difference on the skin. I'm sorry dermatologist and doctors, but u r not right on this!!! it sucks, but i really does affect!

Semen contains 65mg of zinc, if you masturbate enough you will have low levels of zinc a common symptom of zinc deficiency is acne

I haven`t masturbated for almost 2 weeks now, and i haven`t had any noticeable breakouts so far. Quite rare in my case.

I have medical training myself, and a quick PUBMED search for acne and masturbation gives you 5 hits, none of wich seem to have investigated the relationship (acne-masturbation), so i don`t really see how any person with medical training can claim, with sientific certainty, that there is no relationship. (Unless pubmed is the cause of this).

I am one of the sufferers. I have read many posts similar to this who have the same problem. A few days without masturbation make my skin acne free, but how long can you hold your pleasures?
In order to get rid of acne you need to stop masturbating!
This is the one and only solution you'll find after browsing thousands of webpages similar to this.
Hope there was a alternate solution, but after all its the inconvenient truth!

Yep. Masturbation does cause acne. I've been trying to hold myself back from masturbating for about a month now, and man, I had searched the net trying to prove to myself that whackin' doesn't cause acne, just to have an excuse to mb.
Suffer the same fate. Inconvenient truth. :(

Same here, I don't care what anyone says, it's like clockwork for me. Masturbation = pimples within 24 hours. No masturbation, and perfectly clear skin.

As a female.. I do maturbate occasionally and when I do within a day or so I have a couple of pimples on my face ... but not when I have sex .. just when I masturbate and reach orgasm. EVERY time! so there has to be some corrulation to it..