I am 22 years old female and I have been battling acne for only one year. I have never had a pimple or any sort of acne in my entire life. However while in college I developed chronic sore throats from 2004 to now. It would take me a week to recover from each infections and antibiotics stop working my third infection. I have also had terrible skin rashes on my body. I just recently went to a doctor and was told my tonsils need to be removed. My question to you is my tonsillitis infections the cause of my recent acne breakouts and will my acne stop after the surgery?

I too am a 22 yr old female, and i just had the biggest outbreak of acne in my life, accompanied by tousilitis that doesn't seem to get better with antibiotics (viral). And i tooo have had a chronic sore throat!

i really suspect the pimples are related related.

Your rash though makes me suspect it's glanadular fever. (kissing disease)

Maybe the swelling of the glands causes pimples

There's definitely a strong correlation between chronic tonsillitis and acne. Tonsillitis means that your body is constantly bombarded by toxins that bacteria (such as staphylococcus, streptococcus, etc.) produce. What do you think causes inflamed and painful pimples? Same bacteria. It's in your body and you have to get rid of it. And it's just your face! Imagine what is happening in the parts of your body you can't see!

I think there is connection, because I got lots of acne on my face suddenly followed by having a painful tonsil.

I am not a dr but I most definitely feel there can be a connection between tonsils and acne. I had large and painful acne on my chin while having problem tonsils. My acne completely cleared after I had the tonsils removed.