I have fear of flying. I can’t even look at the plane, but weird thing is that I can stand at the top of the building and feel no fear at all. I have fear of falling there too…but it is not same. Do I have acrophobia? My sister says I do. She thinks that is impossible to have fear of flying and not having fear of heights. Can you tell me definition of acrophobia?
She is annoying with this. I need some information to give her so that she would live me alone.

I don’t think you have acrophobia. There is no relation between fear of flying and acrophobia. The difference seems to be that when flying, there is no visual connection between aircraft and the ground beneath. I know one rock-climber who suffers from intermitted acrophobia. The thing is that he becomes habituated to particular high place and lose fear of that place, but the fear returns when he goes somewhere new. I even heard about pilots who suffer from acrophobia. So you see everything is possible!