I am in very nasty position. I have problems with phobic disorders. I have great fear of animals, especially of dogs. Few days ago I was walking with my girlfriend down the street and one dog has started to bark on us. I was terrified so much that I had started to run. My girlfriend is angry because I had left her. Did your panic attacks influence your relationship?

I had trouble at the beginning with my girl. I have fear of heights. And she lives in one of those tall buildings with elevators which have glass on three sides. I couldn't go up to her 15th floor. At first she didn't understand that grow up man can be terrified from something like that. But I have managed to explain her that it is stronger then me and that I am trying to fight it. Now she is very supportive and she is my biggest support. Maybe you should try to explain to your girl your problem. I am sure that she will understand.