I did not fly much in my life, due to the fact that I am afraid of flying but I am controlling it with the help of therapy. Anyway, it seems like I have developed aerotitis, I had ear pain issues last three flights and I am not sure why is this happening to me. Is aerotitis always related to flying on plane, or is there some other situation too?

Well, I cannot think of where you would be able experience such drastic changes in the air pressure, other than in the plane. And you should know that aerotitis happens when there is some ear infection present, or when a person has a cold, flu etc. It might be that you had these conditions while flying.

Argh, I really had problems with ear pain until I got some advices on how to behave in that situation. There is a small trick with a glass and making a warm steam which has a pain relieving effect in the moment when the steam reaches the Eustachian tube. You should try it, it might work.

I wish I could say that trick helped me too, but it didn't simply because I did not exactly catch the trick entirely, so I was never able to make the steam. So, I just try to fly healthy and that usually helps. Unfortunately, even a minor cold can cause pain and discomfort, which can turn into a hell if you are flying long distance.