What does someone need to do to get acupuncture doctors diploma? Is diploma needed or it can be practiced without it. I have heard that some acupuncture practitioners just spent some time and chine and learned about acupuncture. So, what is required? I am medical student and I am interested in acupuncture.

I think that diploma is required. You have to take course or comprehensive training in the theory and diagnosis of TCM and acupuncture treatment. After, it is expected from you be able to practice acupuncture and related modalities such as tuina massage and Taiji qigong for common diseases as an independent practitioner or in conjunction with other treatment modalities. You will get some acupuncture certification and license. Yes and this program require a minimum of 2260 hours, three academic years full time, or two years intensive, or three to six years part-time to complete.