I would like to hear what is acupuncture for lately I am suffering of some headaches and I got this idea of going on some acupuncture treatment but would also like to hear first what is acupuncture and how does it works. And also what about possible acupuncture side effects and does it really helps?

Hi! I am going on regular acupuncture treatment and it helps a lot and if you think those needles will hurt it simply isn't so. Though every person experience the pain on its own way so regarding this one might feel nothing and other might feel some light pain when the needles are inserted but usually it is not described like some strong physical pain and it would help a lot I can bet. And about some acupuncture side effects there are no special side effects recorded but you must know that finding experienced and licensed acupuncture practitioner is of vital importance here for if it is not so you risk to get infected by the improper use of needles. So in general acupuncture is traditional Chinese medicine that is used to make rebalance of energy that was disturbed by some illness so it is done with inserting those needles into the acupunctural points that are spread along the 12 basic meridians which are thought to be energy pathways so stimulating them the disturbed energy might be recovered and the person healed.