I know that acupuncture is effective treatment for various conditions, but I was wondering how is effective in reducing the symptoms of fibromyalgia. My sister suffers from fibro and I think that she should try something like this. Does anyone have info about acupuncture treatment for fibromyalgia? Thank you in advance.

sure, I would dare to say that acupuncture is one of the most effective treatments ever. but to be honest, I am not so sure how acupuncture can help you in treating this problem. I think that the better thing for you to do is to seek for fibromyalgia pain relief just to see how your body is going to behave. pain relives are effective and they helped me. to be honest, I am a little bit scared of the needles, so even if I do know that this is salvation, I think that it is not so effective when you have this diagnose. 

My good friend suffers from fibromyalgia, so I know that is a serious disease of suspected neurological cause that primarily determines pronounced impairments of the musculoskeletal system and neuropsychological dysfunctions such as depression. He suffers from stiffness of the joints, generalized fatigue and sleep problems. And since there is no cure for it acupuncture is a good option as alternative therapy. This practice has proved very effective in relieving the symptoms produced by a wide range of neurological diseases, including fibromyalgia.

I am suffering from fibromyalgia and you can believe me, I would love to go for Acupuncture, but I talked to a TCM Doctor, I know him for a few years, he told me, I should only go for it as last choice, there is no cure and the symptoms ease for approximately 6 months, but they come back. He treated patients with acupuncture after the 3rd or 4th 6 months symptoms free period, there was no response and the 3rd and 4th time of treatment took longer and longer.
I am doing Yoga and Fitness, if possible, swimming, sauna. It depents, some like it cold, for me and hot is the best! I try to avoid Painkiller and stress!

Good luck to your friend!

have been having acupuncture for sometime now for fibromyalgia type pain on shoulders, arm and legs and back. very good results. my acupuncturist is well known and revered by many and I've been able to continue working as a result. (changes in my diet have helped with the fatigue). never say no to treatment if there is little or no chance of making it worse. just pick your therapist with care.
now of only i could get rid of the restless legs and depression/anxiety i would be repleat