Hi. I have a mother 54 years old who lost her job at the plant in which she has been working twenty years. She has become very depressed, and she started taking Adderall (she got prescription from a friend doctor). After a while she got addicted and started taking it with alcohol. How dangerous is it? How can I help her?

Hi. I had the same problem myself. I was a depression meds abuser. I was taking it with booze, and I went to a support group and so I stopped. It is a drug. There is no questions about it - it contains active stimulants. It has bad side effects and you should try to advise her to stop before it's too late. The side effects differ from nausea, passing out, and even death! You should look out for some support group, because drinking Adderall (even though it is addictive) can be stopped easy. Stay strong.