My younger sister now has Narcolepsy/ADHD and takes both Carbatrol and Adderall in combination. I recalled people noted several positive aspects adderall, but I am not sure why Carbatrol. I would like to know are these two drugs in interaction and are they in interaction with some food? Maybe it is dangerous for her and I dont want something to trigger side efects.

Carbatrol is in a group of drugs called anticonvulsants. It works by decreasing nerve impulses that cause seizures and pain. I don't know that there is an interaction with adderall, but I suppose he/she wouldn't prescribed her if it dangerous...well, I asked about interaction with food and only thing I can tell you is that it is worth telling you is that Carbatrol which contains carbamazepine is dangerous to take with grapefruit juice, including the actual fruit as well as drinks and nutritional supplements that contain grapefruit. Grapefruit juice may block the breakdown of carbamazepine by the liver and if this happens, blood levels of carbamazepine could be increased and this could increase the risk of side effects. Side effects: drowsiness, dizziness, headaches, and blurred vision...