my husband has been addicted to methadone for 4years now. he feels like he has to have this the rest of his life because of the withdraw symptoms.....and we really cant afford a detox center. reading the other posts on this site has made me feel like there is some kind of hope he will not have to be on this forever. he really does want to quit and have a normal life without depending on medication.....can anyone offer me any advice? our marriage is fixing to end unless he puts an end to the addiction. previous to this he was addicted to meth, and pain pills~~i am through with addiction all together. i am exhausted. any advice is appreciated!!

Is your husband in a methadone treatment facility under a dr's care - or is he merely buying this on the streets??

If in treatment it is not an addiction - as methadone - thru an actual clinic for opiate dependency IS RECOVERY!! And in time he will be ready to wean down - but you cannot just "quit" methadone = or any opiate for that matter, the withdrawals are so intense - physical more so than mental.

If he is not in a treatment facility for his methadone - than he needs to be.... They will help him wean down safetly and without much discomfort

I have almost 4 yrs off of heroin with the help of a methadone clinic - i was up to 150 mg and am down in the 30's IT WORKS IT THE ADDICT WANTS IT BAD ENOUGH!! :-)

Best of Luck to u
CR

I am going thru the same thing with my husband. It is now going on year five. Please tell me how your husband is doing now? My husband has back pain and had just decided that he can live like this forever. He is under pain management with his family doctor. He is taking Methadone, Ocycodone, and anti-depressants. It's like he has forgotten what life was before this and has just given up.

I v been going to the methadone clinic for three months and on 11/6/2012 I was kicked out for filling a bezo script back in 11/14/2012,I started the methadone clinic on 11/15/2012,since Im not being 30dayied what should I do to get through the withrdwas an how long will they last??Iv only been on methadone for three months at 85mg.
Scott A Edgar