Hey folks.

I'm 22 (going on 23 in August) and I'm going in for my circumcision due to phimosis in exactly a week. After doing a ton of research and viewing the pros and cons of circumcised vs uncircumcised, I've decided to go with a partial cut if I end up going through with it since it's said to be the best of both worlds.

I spoke with my doctor and I told him that I wanted a partial cut, but it seemed like he didn't know what it was exactly, so I described it to him. I said that I only want enough forskin taken off so I won't have phimosis and I want my frenulum untouched because to my understanding it is the most sensitive part of the penis. He then told me that he can do that and leave the frenulum; but they'd have to cut through my frenulum if I want any foreskin taken off and they'd stitch it back together. Or if I didn't want that, they can cut my foreskin open a bit so I can pull the skin back.

So I have a couple of questions.

1. For partial cuts, do they usually cut the frenulum and stitch it back together? and will I lose sensitivity if it's cut and stitched back together?

2. Has anyone heard urologists cutting the foreskin cut open just enough to pull the skin back? you're technically still uncircumcised and I don't know how it looks.

Please help. And if there are any other concerns I should keep in mind or questions I should ask my doctor, please let me know. Thanks in advance!

Hi InuyahsaX,

First off, if you have any doubts get a second opinion.  Ask another urologist as to what they'd recommend.  I assume you've tried stretching exercises and the steroid creams.

Any time something is cut, when it heals, scar tissue forms.  It will not be as sensitive as it is now.

Personally, I'd have them take off as little as possible.

Good luck.

Phimosis is not a disease and does not really require treatment. Circumcision is the most extreme possible treatment.

Foreskins can be stretched to relieve phimosis. This is a much better option. I suggest you back off and try stretching for a few months.

We never heard from him again so either he was quite satisfied or he was just a pretender/lurker.