im 17 yrs old and my foreskin has not retract a bit. is this a problem or its normal to happen? im not sure about that little like string thing connected to the skin. ? ! %-)

it could be a number of things. can you pull the foreskin back over the glans penis? is the opening of the foreskin very small and can you see for example a whitish ring of harder skin around it. the string is called the frenulem, you can google some imagis of a condition called frenulum brevis, and see if that resembles to your situation too.

regards

You probably suffre from a case of phimosis/frenulum breve (me too). Google phimosis stretching and you can fix this problem in a couple of months. You might need a small procedure done fot the frenulum breve though. It's called a frenoplausty and it's not that bad, i'm going to get it done myself soon.

The same problem is with me I would like to get advice on this I'm married and 29 years old but that does not create a problem for me but still my skin covers it.

what about that frenulum stretching prcedure??? what do i have to do to do it myself,??

It's phimosis, you have to pull back the foreskin back as much as you can when you're in the shower, and do it every day. After about a month you'll be able to pull the foreskin back even when erect. However, you probably suffer from frenulum breve aswell. They say you cans stretch this too but i find it more complicated to do so and takes a longer time, it's just easier if you go see a urologist and get the frenoplasty. It's a small procedure done with local anasthetic that you can recover in a couple of days. It's simple and quick and will get rid of your problem. If the stretching isn't working for phimosis there's another small procedure you can get done too....

I have phimosis and frenulum breve, and i'm currently doing the stretching, after it's stretched enough that i can pull it back when erect, i'm going to get the frenoplasty. I suggest you follow my lead and do the same....

You have Phimosis. To help with it, try stretching exercises, when erect just pull it back as far as it will go and hold for 5 mins. Do this a few times daily.. in the shower helps, and you should see results within days/weeks. Could also try, if its possible to pull back a bit, pull it back, grab the glands with two fingers and roll the foreskin up over the two fingers as far as it will go (when the ring of skin turns white). hold it there for 5 mins. Lubricant helps with this!. Or get a prescription from your doc for Betamethasone cream 0.05%. It's fairly common, and this should help. Also try rubbing vitamin E around the top and inside the foreskin, which may help elasticate it. If it's more serious, you may need a preputialplasty (alternative to circumcision but with no loss of looks, sensetivity or anything, and is less painful with a fast recovery rate. With a preputialplasty:they make a small incision vertically then horizontally in your foreskin, and stitch it up to have more space for your glans to appear without a total circumcision. This is a quick procedure they may even just do in a doctors office.. so may be possible privately.
Speak to your GP about it.)
Good luck

**edit- make sure you do not pull it over the head till it is ready.. if you do, it may be too tight to reverse, and you will have a condition called paraphimosis, where the skin stops the blood flow, and then your only option is a circumcision. And if you are in the Uk, the cream that the urologist above recommends isn't available. No steroid creams here are available without prescription. You have to use betamethasone 0.05%-0.1% for around a month or so..**

Best idea would be to go to a drop in clinic.. not your family GP, if you are concerned or embarrassed. They see many problems like this or worse and can give you the advice and treatment needed. If you leave it too long.. the build up of smegma etc may cause an infection and worse problems. So yeah, see a doc..they've seen it all before.

with this problem, can i have sex or not... what could happen???