:D I am a 13 year old boy. Around 5 months ago i began getting very worried after i realised that i had a tight foreskin (Phimosis). I spent hours reading through articles and junk about phimosis and i learnt that it is quite un normal but not abnormal. I then read that if you gently stretched your foreskin over a long period of time it would loosen up. So this is what i did and it after about 2 months it worked. I was so releived when i 1st got it back. But that relief soon died to reveal an even bigger problem. I Cound'nt pull it forward again.

I then noticed after the next day or two that it had swollen. I became even more worried. So after trauling through pages from the net i came 2 the conclusion that i had paraphimosis. I have read that paraphimosis is an even more un normal condition and that it requires immediete attention as it may have stopped the blood flowing to my penis. But i could see no sign of loss of blood flow, and anyway i really didnt want to show anyone especially my frends and family. So the weeks went by and i lived with the fact that i had a swollen penis. But it became less and less painfull and weeks later i could do anything a 13 year old boy can do with his penis.

But the another problem came knocking at my door. I was in the bathroom one day and i was having a close look at my penis. Soon i had realised that the foreskin had connected with the head or glans of my penis. So basically- i had done a home-made circumcision.

So about 5 months later i still have a swollen foreskin. Is there anyway whats so ever that i can reduced my swollen foreskin to its original size so that my penis looks like an ordinary circumcised penis without telling showing anyone as i find it extremley embarresing ? ? ?

Luke, it is very unlikely that your penis (or foreskin) would remain swollen for 5 months. What is more likely is that you have some blood trapped in the foreskin which cannot escape due to the tightness. If you keep working on stretching it, as you did when all this started, you may be able to loosen it enough so that the blood will flow in and out freely with erections. IF it starts to throb or turn color because of actual swelling, you really should seek medical help. Otherwise, a mild and manageable case of paraphimosis can be a good thing. My foreskin has been permanently retracted since I was your age, for many years now. Many of us strongly prefer and encourage it.

The reply to this post is quite dangerous - any form of paraphimosis should be remedied, as, if blood flow isnt normal, and this is indicated by the swelling, then damage is being done insode.
Go to your doctor, tell him what happened. (S)He knows all boys age 14 jerk off, and that up to 10% have phimosis. If you don't want to get circumcised, (and I advise you DON'T, you will lose a lot of good feeling,) the doc. should give you some "Betamethasone" cream to rub on your penis every night. Jerk off before you do it (fun-ha!) and then clean up and rub the cream inside and outside your skin. Gradually it will soften and stretch, and you will be able to go both ways with ease. When you start to have sex, and even now, some cum/pre-cum and other things can get forced into the space behind your penis head, and set up inflammation - that's probably why its swollen. I totally disagree with the other writer that paraphimosis is a good thing, as your penis grows fast at this age, the problem may become worse. The writer was maybe lucky, or it didnt quite happen like he remembers it!
Don't leave it, you could end up with serious problems. I hope nothing has happened so far, and you still have a whole penis! Yes it could get that serious!
Best wishes!

Hi Luke2k7:

You are blessed with an erogenous, highly-innervated foreskin. Many unforeskinned guys would envy your foreskin. You are extremely wise to want avoid circumcision.

You are very fortunate to have parents that did not circumcise you. You have a whole, complete penis so you have sex the way nature intended it.

Paraphimosis is the name of the condition of a retracted foreskin that is stuck behind the glans penis (head) of the penis and will not go forward. One can read about paraphimosis on the Internet.

If the foreskin is tight enough it can cut off blood circulation to the head and cause edema (swelling due to fluid accumulation). Paraphimosis should be promptly reduced when it occurs. Paraphimosis may be reduced by squeezing the head of the penis really hard to force the blood to leave the head. This will temporarily reduce the size of the head at which time the foreskin may be brought forward.

If attempts to reduce the paraphimosis are unsuccessful, then one should go to the emergency room of a nearby hospital. It is not necessary or advisable to be circumcised although some old-fashioned doctors are likely to recommend it. Circumcision is a very damaging and injurious operation that should be avoided.

You should stretch your foreskin to make it wider so that it does not get stuck again. You may also apply betamethasone valerate 0.05% ointment to the narrow part. A prescription is required in most countries.

When your penis is erect, gently pull your foreskin back against the head of the penis. As the head attempts to pass through the foreskin it will stretch the skin a little. Do this every day and in a few weeks or months your foreskin will widen and you will be able to retract your foreskin. Do NOT force retraction. Do NOT cause yourself pain.

It works by tissue expansion. Stretching skin induces “mitosis” which is a word that means “division of cells”. New skin cells are formed and the skin expands but it takes some time. The increase in size is permanent. Be patient and give mitosis time to work.

The important thing is to put the skin under tension every day so that it will grow wider.

Search the Internet for:

“How to Fix Phimosis and Tight Foreskins, Solutions That Work”

and you will find the information and support you need.

Tttt Tttt tttg

Thanks for your comment.