I have been trying to get pregnant. I had my period on 17th march, then checked when i would ovulate, and had sex around ovulation time, which was 31st March. I then had some very light spotting on the 2 days after, 1st and 2nd april which was followed by what seemed to be a very light period from the 3rd to the 9th. I am normally regular, never ever been 2 weeks early so dont understand why it would happen now just as we started trying for a baby. The sex was in no way rough enough to cause bleeding, so i dont think that caused it.
Now i dont know when to expect my next period, 17th april or 1st June :s
I took a pregnancy test today and it was negative but is this too soon to test? I used first response that says it can be used as early as 6 days before missed period, but i dunno when my period is meant to be now.....
I am so confused about it all.

Hi guest,

The spotting may have been implantation bleeding, it was a bit early I'm not sure about the 3-9th "light period." Some bleeding can and does happen early in pregnancy.

At this point, since you are usually normal I would consider April 17th for your next period. Testing now, despite what the test says is likely to result in a "false negative." I'd recommend you test again on the 17th.

When you do test, use your first morning urine as it is more concentrated. Follow all directions, especially times, closely. There is no "almost" positive, it should be clear, yes or no.

If still no period on the 17th and it shows negative, test again about 10 days later. If it still negative and no period, you may want to check with your ob/gyn.

Good luck. Keep us posted.

Thankyou for the response. I will wait it out until the 17th like you said and try testing again then if no period shows and then update here if i have any news :-)

Well I tested again this morning and got another negative. No period yet either. Am going to go see my doctor tomorrow and see what he thinks.

Thanks for the update.  Sorry it's not working out as expected.

Keep us posted.  Good luck.