My girlfriend gets hives after drinking alcohol and I know it is an allergic re-action,but what causes the hives after only drinking alcohol

I have similar symptoms after consuming alcohol, it get burning on my face and blotches on my arms and chest! I dont feel ill or anything but because I have fair skin it annoys me when people question "Are you sunburned?" Am I allergic to alcohol??

Please help

wow... i just 3 days ago started gettin hard to breathe, hives on my face and headache from drinking...
i been drinking 22 yrs off and on.. mostly on.. how can i go from one day to the next with no symptoms to all this?..it feels like i have taken an ANTABUSE
help

Well, I started drinking about 3 years ago, and I used to get hives.

Keep at it, and let your body get used to the alcohol and it's bound to disappear. If it doesn't, I suggest you stop drinking lol.
I don't drink frequently, but I don't get rashes or hives when I drink anymore.

I've been drinking for fourteen plus years and one day I woke up with hives everywhere. I didn't know what was causing it so I looked it up. Apparently the most common cause is an allergic reaction to foods, so I changed my diet. When that didn't work the next apparent cause was environment, so I wasted $600 on anti-allergin sheets, couch covers, dishsoap, laundry soap, etc. When that didn't work I finally gave up and went to the doctors and it turns out that drinking was the cause and that my liver is a big fat p***y and couldn't take it anymore. So I quit drinking and the outbreakes diminished slowly until they finally went away.