Hello there, I am a baker who is 43 years old. I had this problem with allergy. I am allergic to flour. Considering what is my occupation, this is pretty uncomfortable. Could you tell me something more of this type of allergy? It would be interesting to hear experiences of others if this is possible.

Hello there, this thing is not unusual. It is pretty unpleasant, I admit. This type of allergy is called allergic rhinitis. Allergy to flour is just one subtype of it. This is some kind of occupational allergy. Some health workers are allergic to latex. Skin prick test is important if you want to see what your type of allergy is. Talk with your doctor to see how to reduce the effects of this allergy.

That is true, this type of thing is not unusual. I am allergic to every other flour except whole wheat flour. The doctors could not figure out whats wrong, or what allergy type it is. I actually found out about my allergy in Mexico.
Every day I usually would have a sandwich or some cake or something or other that contained white flour, and every day I would always get really sick. We were VERY worried about it, especially when our trip to Mexico came up, but when we got down there, I got sick 2 days out of two weeks. When we sat down to think about it, I had a sandwich on both days containing white bread. So we tried a variety of other breads, and I still got sick, and we finally tried Whole Wheat, and I didn't have a problem. This is the only bread so far I can eat without getting sick, and its a big pain, because I have to buy stuff specificlly with whole wheat flour, which usually I have to make myself, because not many places carry a lot of things with whole wheat flour, and not a lot of resturants use whole wheat flour or whole wheat bread.