Purple Hayes Multi-Grain Rolls (uses bread machine to mix and knead the dough) 10 oz. Milk 1 large egg Half stick margarine (can sub. 3 T. Canola oil for a non-saturated fat version) c. honey 1 t. salt 2 c. whole wheat flour 1 c. white flour c. rye flour c. rolled oats (quick or regular) 3 T. wheat germ 1 t. baking powder 2 t. active dry yeast Warm up milk, egg, honey and margarine a little in the microwave. Don t over heat or you will cook the egg. Place salt in bread machine first. Pour milk, egg, honey and marg. in next. Cover with the flours, oats and wheat germ. Place baking powder in corner of bread machine and make a little dip in the center for the yeast and then add it. Start the bread machine on dough only cycle. After a few minutes the dough will have formed into a ball. If the ball doesn t stick to your finger, add some water or milk. If the ball is too wet, it will really stick to your fingers, add some flour. Dough should be lightly tacky to the touch. After dough cycle has finished, remove dough and knead a few more times then cut into 12 evenly sized pieces and form into rolls. Place rolls so that they are touching each other. Cover with oiled plastic wrap for 45 min. to 1 hr. to let rise. Preheat oven to 315 deg. Place rolls in oven for approx. 20 minutes. I ve spent a lot of time perfecting just where and when to place and move the rolls in the oven. I do 9 minutes on the bottom rack and 11 on the top rack, but you ll have to work with it and see what works for you. Enjoy! Printable Version Here

PH, These sound very tasty. I am going to have to give these a try!

YUMMY!!!! I'm psyched to try them too! Next weekend for sure, they'll go nice with a big pot of black bean soup.

We should do more recipe sharing over here. I'll have to dig up that veggie burger recipe Kristin got from the brewery we like in Columbus. Squeak in Australia tried them and so did CallipyG.

Is 315 a typo? Just wondering if you meant 375. I tried 315 and they seemed really underdone...ended up having to bake longer/higher. :?

You prolly need a bit higher heat up there in Minisoda where it's a billion below zero. :P

are you using a bread machine?
When I tried it a few years ago. 315 worked for me

I've done both, the bread machine and the oven. The recipe worked okay in the bread machine. But when I tried to dough setting on the machine and then went for the oven bake step, I got doughy centers. When I cranked it to 375, that did the trick :shrug:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE dig up the veggie burger recipe! I have lost my copy, and want to make a batch for everyone at work!!! I would love to have one of those again. So good! The best veggie burgers EVAH! (CHef Al is gone. I called. )
PH, those rolls sound delicious! I will have to try them with the veggie burgers!