Hi, I am a diabetic and I heard that white flour could cause some problems with my digestion and overall body. How does white flour and white sugar affect our digestion? I like all kind of food that is making from white flour but now I have to avoid it. Can somebody tell me why?

Hi, I am diabetic too and I will try to help you as much as can. My endocrinologist and nutritionist explained that refined white flour contains serious health hazards due the loss of vitamins and minerals. Consequently, it can cause digestive and nutritional disorders that are very dangerous for people who are already in metabolic misbalance, like diabetics. I hope I helped you a bit.

Hello ives,

White flour is made from wheat and wheat, as many other grains, contains a substance called gluten. Some people are born without all the enzymes needed to digest gluten and whey products, such as white flour and that is what is causing sometimes pretty serious problems with digestion and intestines.

Other people sometimes seem to develop this reaction to gluten, which is known as gluten intolerance. That is why is recommended to try to lower the gluten intake if you are having this type of digestive system problems. You have to basically take out of your diet all white flour products, as well as much of the cereal. It’s more important to lower the intake of processed food that usually has more gluten.