Is it gluten free

There is no gluten in a tramadol formulation.

Most unusual question! %-)

Hi kymomcalihaley. Looks like your question was answered, but I have a question. Do you have a gluten allergy? If so, how do you handle it and take care of things? I have a friend who just found out her child is allergic and now she is trying her best to get her home in order and provide gluten free food for her family. It is quite a process and she is very stressed out. Any pointers or advice you can give, so that I can pass it on to her? Thanks and we hope to hear back from you.

For your friend with the gluten-problem child:

The Gluten-free Bible

Complete Glutebn-Free Cookbook

Gluten-Free and Wheat-free Gourmet Desserts by Michael Eberhart

Aunt Amy's GF Macaroni and Cheese

Be sure she checks all medicines for gluten: just type the name and the word gluten and she can check.

Baking gluten-free is a slight challenge, but once you buy the stuff it works pretty well.

Best luck,

Carol Bower

Yes I have celiac disease which is an auto immune disease where gluten attacks the body.

I have found an all purpose gluten free flour that I use in my recipes the seem to taste the same but a little dryer.  They also make cake mixes and I usually put some fruit in the mix which helps with moisture.

This answer is simple: She needs to read GRAIN BRAIN, written by the ONLY combination nutritionist/neurologist in the nation and including information on foods not usually considered to be gluten that, in some people, can act like gluten. Rice! Who knew? Chocolate, kamut, the list includes upwards of 20 foods, including corn and potatoes. But this isn't
just about her child and an allergy; it's about that child's lifelong health and, likely, others in the family, since many of us of European or Asian ancestry just don't have the guts to digest GRAINS.

However, the fillers can have gluten.  Hydroolizged starch protein can be anything.  I just got a prescription to this and it HAS gluten in it as I had a very dramatic reaction!

I also have a terrible Celiac reaction to this medication. Each manufacturer is different, but many do not guarantee their products are 100% gluten free.

I am going to see a physician today so have no answers yet. Apparently some medications contain gluten and since some of my symptoms seem to be related to celiac disease, I asked. Good luck to your friend. Hopefully with some education about gluten-free diets, things will become clearer for her and, in turn, better for her child.

Unless you have celiac sprue disease. Then, you HAVE to ask this question!