Hi, my child’s allergic to flour. I don’t know how to manage to keep giving him only rice products, as I am not used to prepare it all the time.

Hi, I know it is not easy to adjust to such a condition but you need to realize that your child has special needs. A wheat allergy is extremely demanding to deal with, as many products contain wheat. In order to avoid wheat containing foods, you must read food labels. Starting from breads you must look for pure corn, rice, arrowroot, barley, potato, or rye bread. Other allowed products include: cornmeal, cornstarch, soybean, flour, barley flour, oat flour, rice flour, potato starch, arrowroot flour, oatmeal, cream of rice, puffed rice.

Hello there,

As the poster above me has already written this is really demanding and you will be under constant pressure to make your child something to eat. You can try in specialized shops to find products which don’t contain wheat. Usually food in these shops is a little bit more expensive but it will save you trouble of cooking few times a week at least. And don’t forget to read labels carefully when buying something.

Your child will need to learn that he has special needs and it is best to start right away with implementing these rules of nutrition. I hope that you will find best way to manage your life and needs of your child.