My friend is desperate because his daughter has Borderline Personality disorder for years and she’s getting worse every day. She tried with few different treatments and usually after few weeks she was feeling better but all symptoms always came back. What are alternative medicine techniques for Borderline Personality disorder treatment? Maybe that can help.

I heard from my friend, who knows a lot about BPD, that there are a whole range of alternative therapies, which some people find useful, from acupuncture to yoga. I know that one girl had a successful treatment resulted from a team approach of easing the pain with meds and acupuncture help her to recover from addiction and therapy for the abuse.

i suffer with the same. you could try cognitive behaviour therapy or dialectic behaviour therapy, they are renound for hepling people with this dissorder. it really helped me. look at dbt website or cbt. good luck x

guglielmo1177 wrote:

I have Borderline Personality disorder it gets better with age at least it has for me. I have a chemical depression the way I tell if I have enough serotonin in my brain is by my dreams. No dreams means no serotonin psychotic dreams means to much serotonin. Environment can and does play a part but I know it is chemical when I have no environmental reason for the depression. I eat a potato before bed and it causes me to dream again and removes the depression.

I was on antidepressant drugs but could not deal with feeling numb. I read this book Potatoes Not Prozac I tried it and it worked for me. I am also diabetic so I have read many books on keeping my sugar under control and helped me solve my depression problem.

"The same brain chemicals that are altered by antidepressant drugs are also affected by the foods we eat. According to addiction expert DesMaisons, many people, including those who are depressed, are "sugar sensitive." Eating sweets gives them a temporary emotional boost, which leads to a craving for still more sweets. The best way to keep these brain chemicals in the right balance and keep blood-sugar levels steady, she says, is through the dietary plan she describes in Potatoes Not Prozac. Her rules are fairly simple - eat three meals a day, eat proteins with every meal (especially those high in the amino acid tryptophan, which creates the calming neurotransmitter serotonin), and eat more complex carbohydrates, such as whole grains and, yes, potatoes. Not only will this make you less depressed, DesMaisons says, but it will also keep you from craving too much of the foods you shouldn't eat, making it a self-regulating system. "http://www.ftrbooks.net/psych/prozac/potatoes.htm

Hope this helps!

i have recently been diagnosed with BPD but i have had issues with depression and self mutilation for a long time now and nothing has seemed to work i always find myself hitting a dead end or just giving up. I have gone from abusive relationship to abusive relations hip and i just cannot take it anymore. I have a 2 1/2 year old who i need to be strong for but i cant untill i fix whats wrong with me first. i know millions of americans suffer each day from something diffrent and those who dont feel like we should just get over it and move on with our lives but as we all know its not that simple. most of the people i know have been telling me to go to 12 step programs or support groups but i am easily influenced by other people and what they think and i hate hurting people i would rather suffer than hurt someone else and i know thats not a good way to live. I currently do not have health insurance and i just do not know where to turn. I fanyone has any useful i deas i am all ears. or if anyone knows of any really good support groups i would give that a try.

I have tried self-help books, yoga, exercise, talk therapy, but the only thing that worked for me is "Emotional Freeddom Technique" otherwise known as EFT. It's an alternate therapy that is not that well known in Britian or Ireland, but is quite popular in America. It looks mad becasue you talk while you tap on particular acupunture points (mostly on face) or therapist taps on you. I have a science degree and believed there had to be a solution out there if I researched therapies long enough, even though Traditional psychology therapies did not work. The emotions are released from the body during tapping. You feel like you have been never bothered by these negative emtions in the first place after EFT. It may take a few sessions to get the root emotions from coming to the surface but its definitly worth it. Pychologists do not have all the answers. I work in science, and I know how dogmatic it can be. Scientists can be close-minded to techniques that they do not have an explanation for even if the techniques work. EFT is a blend of NLP and eastern acupressure. Its one of those things you have to try it to believe it. Check out EFT website to see all the successful case studies covering particularly all emotional problems and many physical problems. Pharmacetical companies are making money from drug therapies so do not want people to find a non-drug alternative so they spend a lot of money promoting their products even if they are not as effective as other treatments. Sometimes you have to find your own treatment, you can't depend on the medical or science establishment. I am not anti-medical or science but I feel angry that there are treatments out there that work but no-one hears about them because of the closed-minded establishment. People should not have to suffer needlessly. Good luck.

I'm 14 and I strongly suspect I have BPD. But I can't get diagnosed. I can't talk about the symptoms I have with anyone, because the rule is that what I say can't be told to my parents unless I give permission or there's a fear I'll commit su*cide or hurt someone else, and if I talk about any of it, there will definitely be a fear of su*cide.
That's why I never talked about how I cut myself. Or how I used to take pill after pill, day after day, my dad's allergy pills, my antianxiety pills, my diet pills, whatever I could get my hands on. How I would steal other people's medication when I went to someone else's house or work. How I started taking pills because I was depressed and planning su*cide. How for 5 months I never ate my lunch, not once. How I had a 8-month-long relationship with a guy who kept offering to buy me pot if I f*cked him, who, when I told him I wanted to k*ll myself, said "whatever, the only thing you're good for is sex." How I had a year-long relationship with a friend of an ex-friend who was more interested in my tits than me. How every day for a month I would try to make myself throw up. How I used to bang my heads on walls and textbooks and tables and anything hard I could find. How I once had a friend over and got drunk and tried to kiss her. How my parents have to get drunk to get along. How they can't divorce because it would be too hard on me and my brother. How I can't see my dad with anyone else, same for my mom. How I don't want to see them together anymore. How sometimes I get so nervous I can't even move. How I have WH*RE carved into my leg. How I sometimes write over it in Sharpie. How most of the time I don't think I would care if I got ink poisoning. How sometimes I hear or feel things that aren't really there. How sometimes I'm really happy, and sometimes I'm really sad. How I feel sick when I hear my own name.
My question is, does it sound like BPD? And, what can I do to treat it? No meds, no therapy, something I can do myself, without my parents getting involved.

I have to be honest here a someone who has had BPD my whole life, and never knew what was wrong, that not wanting to get help is natural as the fear takes over. However for your sanity you need to talk to someone. Your health is the most important thing in the world. There are books on BPD that you can get from the book store, you can speak to a healthfood store and ask about essential oils that help relieve the syptoms of BPD, some are lavender, chamomille, sage, pine these can be mixed and used as a spray or inhaled by infusing in a bowl of water and smelling for 15-30 minutes. Do things you like to do that make you feel good. Try to remember the voices are wrong (I had the little voice that told me all the wrong things) they lie and are not true, I understand the cutting as it feels as if you are relieving the pain and letting it out, but it is not healthy. I starting painting with oils and acrylics and it helped alot as it gave me an outlet to express my fear and pain. I have 4 children, and Somedays did not think I would survive. Now fifteen years later, finding the correct medication, age (as symptoms do reduce with age) excersice, healthy eating, excersise, dialectic behavioral therapy, group therapy I am a new person. I have my own business, have a great job, and wonderful non-abusive relationship non self destructive relationship. I had a terrible run with guys, all thy kids are with one father, but I was always let down (this is normal with bpd nothing ever seems good enough) I have a wonderful man who understands what my issues are and what sets me off. I understand fear, and when I talk to people about it, I explain what it is and what caused it and they are amazed at what I have done for myself. Be strong, talk to your friends, and people you know you can talk to safely that whill keep your confidence such as a distress line, pastor, your doctor. Suicidal tendencies are also very common, but it is not the answer, and cant tell you how many times I tried and I have the scars to show for it. But I am still here for a reason and maybe it is to share my story to help someone else. Dont let anyone belittle you, you are more than that, you are worth more than just something to be used please rememmber that. And I wish you all the best on your journey

I have been suffering from BPD all my life (I am now 60 years old). I did not know what was wrong with me during all those years. At my lowest point in my life, I realized I had to find out why I was feeling so bad or kill myself. Through years of intentive research I finally found alternative therapies that work for me. I can now function normally in the world. My relationships are normal. My moods are stables. I sleep very well. Life is good again.
Here is what I did to get well. I refuse to take psychotic drugs. First I read many books on BPD to identify the symptoms and causes of BPD. Then I read two books by Eckhart Tolle that helped me tremendously to live life in the present moment (A New Earth and the Power of Now) and understand the process and power of our thoughts, I highly recommend these books. Also I started taking 3 capsules of Omega 3 daily, 2 capsules of vitamin D and calcium daily and 5 to 10 ml of melatonin, 30 minutes before bedtime. I will continue to do this for the rest of my life to live my best life. Understanding BPD, our thought process and taking these natural remedies have saved me.

I'm female, 50, married, 5 kids, attorney. For as long as I know I was emotionally, verbally & physically abused by the puss-bag that claims to have given birth to me. This, doubtless is the genesis of my BPD & BD. Has anyone had a conflict like this? Does confrontation help? I cut her out 2 years ago, which kills her b/c she has acute narcisstic personality disorder up the wazoo and sideways and knows nothing about her only daughter's life.

Biggest Q-has anyone done schema threapy. Allegedly 85+% remission for at least 5 years. OK people. work with me-I'll appreciate all input. :-D

Hello There,

did you use the EFT for BPD?
thank you

The only sure way to treat BPD is by doing Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT), and sometimes a few medications will help the patient cope with life while learning the new DBT skills.

My daughter has BPD - it does get better with age. The most helpful thing has been fish oil, crazy as that sounds (we've done every single anti-psychotic out there - shudder!). Her psychiatrist suggested Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega, and it makes all the difference in the world. don't go cheap - get this stuff, because it is better, much more pure, and my daughter is so sensitive to everything. I also worked hard over the years to teach her morals, which was incredibly difficult, but is paying off. She's now 18, and hey, we survived the teenage years! Wish I'd known about this in the beginning. (I'm a very single parent with a younger child as well, so hang on - it gets better!)

zanesmission wrote:

You absolutely have to get help, sweetheart. You CANNOT handle this yourself. Tell your therapist, tell your parents if you feel you can talk to them, tell a teacher at school, tell SOMEBODY. They will get you the help you need so that you don't feel this way anymore. You will not be locked up because you want to hurt yourself -- you will get the help you need so that you will no longer WANT to hurt yourself. People in your life love you and care, you just have to let them.

I know I have traits of BPD and my behaviour in the past reflected this. Although life is tough for you, you have got to FORCE yourself to do something about it and stick to it rigidly otherwise the symptoms will come back. Eat properly, make sure to get all round vitamins and minerals. Exercise is important no matter how you are feeling and how much you have to do. The most important thing that helps this BPD is to take course of the vitamin Magnesium (300mg) per day and combine this with B complex vitamins. There is a product in Boots pharmacy (Ireland & UK) from Wassen called MagnesiumB and this is absolutely fantastic for calming down the body. I take it and my son takes it also for ADHD and we both benefit so much from it. Don't wallow in self pity and what others do to you, they only treat you the way you feel about yourself underneath. You have got to realize that you are a good person and you are unlucky to suffer this, but doing something about it key to your future. Good Luck.