Another one and another one and one more and Hey, this is almost a record. Today I ate 25 bananas. And I am OK. My stomach is not hurting me and I do not stay in bathroom to long. I eat many bananas every day and I like it. Is it true that this can be dangerous?

I am not an expert, but too much is too much. Are you sure that you didnt start to look like a monkey? OK, you like bananas, but three are lots of different kinds of food. And, beside, bananas are full of potassium. This mineral can do you lots of damage if you take it to much. Why dont you think about this and ask your doctor for opinions?

25 Bananas is roughly 3700 Calories. If this is all you ate all day, you would still be over your caloric requirements for a day....unless you are some kind of super athlete.

Assuming you're not, then yes... You're eating WAY too many bananas, and you'll get fat off them.

TorontoM wrote:

ives wrote:

Besides that- too much potassium will eventually cause kidney failure... some doctors don't recommend more than 3 a day. I know this many be a drastic cut-back, but trust me, you will eventually run into major health problems if you don't slow down soon.

Doctors tell you that too many is bad for you because it is bad for business and the medicine education they received in college. I have heard that they are taught solely about medicine, with nutrition not being in their vocabulary. Eat up! Small monkeys that weigh a lot less than humans eat many many bananas and they do not seem to be falling from trees.

I am not any professional but everybody knows that the excess of anything is bad..So you should try to control yourself and eat only 4-6 bananas pr day...

It is possible to get too much posassium from bananas, and it could throw off a person's saline (salt) level, since the two work together.

If the sodium gets to low and the potassium too high, it throws off the human electrolyte system, and can cause problems from mild gastrointestinal problems to kidney problems, to severe cardiac problems (cardiac arrest-death if) if the NA (sodium) gets too low (below 120 for too long) and the K+ (potassium) gets too high. (above 7-7.5).

The safest thing to do is eat foods in moderation, and have a good variety of different foods.

Any food stuff you take in excess can cause problems, when you think that Banana is good for health and you eat dozens of them, why u don't think about the side effects of these, they can cause a increase in your weight as well as they can be a cause of constipation. So eat banana but in small quantity.

My grandfather did this with carrots. He went from baby carrots, to a handful of carrots, to a regular bag of carrots, to a RESTAURANT-sized bag of carrots...he turned ORANGE---no joke! Obviously something in his body's chemistry was *off* in order for him to be craving carrots uncontrollably. I remember my grandma had to *hide* or *ration* the carrots! (And he was an otherwise intelligent, active, and healthful man).

That is the problem with most of the people, they think when some vegetable is beneficial for us eat it in very large quantity and it will be very beneficial for us, but the fact is everything is beneficial when taken in appropriate amount, excess can cause some side effects also.

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

Ives,

When I was in elementary school I would often eat 7-8 bananas in one sitting and my blood tests were always normal. And as an adult, I know many people who eat at as many bananas as you with no problem.

The kidneys will not be a problem. The amount of potassium in each banana is not that high and the kidneys will pass it without difficulty. This is not overworking the kidneys.

And don't worry about how many calories are in each banana. I have a buddy who likes to blend 7-10 bananas with water and then eat it like a fruit smoothie. He's VERY SLENDER!!!!! lots of people eat 20-30 bananas every day and they never get fat because your body is able to digest it. When you drink water and eat bananas, they are very filling. The potassium even helps your body to regulate the water you drink, which helps with digestion.

What's important is to remember to eat a balance of foods. Do you eat celery? Celery is an excellent source of sodium.

Make sure you also eat a good variety of vegetables and fruits to get all the nutrition you need!

You like eating bananas because your body is happy, and your body is happy because it is eating healthy food :)