since the age of 18 years old i have been talking out loud to myself. it start will me talking to myself in the house. but advanced to me talking out loud in the car. i had a very troubled teenage years when i suffer mental abuse by my mother and grandmother. i did go to see a couseller a couple of years ago. she said i wasn;t mad but maybe feeling slightly depressed as a teenage. i also wake up in the middle of the night and i hear voices. its seems to be my own voice that i hearing as i not hearing anyone else voice. i seems to talk to myself with either i alone or anoyed by other people.
what do other readers think. am i mad

No, you are not mad, but you do externalize your stress by vocalizing your thoughts in the car or at home.

I would not worry about that, as long as you recognise that you're doing it, and that you're SO into your thoughts that you're acting them out verbally while driving. If this gets in the way of your operating a car, that's a problem.

But if you can control it, realize that you're doing it, and stop it... either while driving, or when you're in the presence of others, you're OK.

I'm more concerned about what you are describing as hearing voice at night. If you're dreaming, that's one thing.
If you're laying in bed, and think someone is speaking to you, telling you things, or giving you instructions, that's something you need to speak to a doctor or counselor about.

It DOES NOT mean that you're mad, but it may be an early symptom of a developing problem that may require a doctor's intervention.
Certainly, you do not want to ignore this behavior. You will want to speak with a counselor to accurately gauge or describe these "voices" and ask their professional opinion.

I urge you NOT to ignor this. You have done the right thing by asking, but now you need to follow up and describe these behaviors to a counselor. Don't worry... be pro-active and but your mind to rest.

Good luck.

hi. it seems to be when i have woke up. after having a bad dream.

Hmmmm,

Probably not a problem, but you are right to be asking these questions.

Probably best to be talking with a counselor, since you have a history that you should share.

Again, plenty of rest, relaxation, and speaking with a counselor about your concerns should help put your mind to rest.

Good luck.

hi.

where could i find a couseller. i seems to be talking out loud to myself all the time. i seems to be constanly depressed all the time at the moment. i don't know whether it has anything to do with the fact i have been off sick for the past 5 weeks or not.

Try looking for a counselor either at your church or through the local mental health counseling center.
Most every county in every state in the US have one, or can refer you too someone else who does.
good luck.