2 month ago (July), my boyfriend and I had sex while I was on my period but did not use condom cause we didn't have any. 1-2 weeks later, I started getting cramping, backache, moody, my breast (boobs) got sore also got little heavier (heavy). Then about week later, I had a discharge with very very little bleed in it. Then I was thinking, I need to take pregnant test. Next morning i took a pregnant test, it says negative. I got so confuse!! because I was still getting the symptom. So, I try again week later it still said negative. Then I said well, I guess my mind playing me. So I try to forget it but I couldnt cause past 2 months, my boobs been sore, cramping, hard time getting sleep cause my backache. My boyfriend also realize I get to emotional and moody alot, and look bigger (the stomach) but did not gain one pound. So I deicide to take pregnant test again, still says negative. Last month, I was 4 days late to my period but I did start my period thou. I have some friends that been pregnant while on period for 5 month and the whole 9 months. Alot of things got me really confuse. I trying to go to the doctor but I always busy busy. So, I found this website. I wanted to see what other ladys thinks?? any advice, or what could??????

Hey Barkem,

Glad you found the site, however preg scares and the paranoia behind them can sometimes stimulate from these types of sites. You can easily get the wrong information on these sites as much as you can get the right!

You are certainly in the right though, in thinking that your body can play mind games on you, and it can sometimes create these kinds of symptoms. Yet getting your period all throughout your pregnancy is physically impossible! It is possible to have a little blood throughout ones pregnancy, but just because there is a little blood when you wipe doesn't mean it's a "period." To have a ligitimate menstrual cycle, your flow would have to be steady, and look like a "normal" flow...ie. medium to heavy amounts of blood, enough to soke a pad as an example.

The reason why we don't get our periods when we're pregnant, is because our brain (which controls hormones that release the eggs in our body), does not release specific (FHS) sex hormones once a child is developing. No hormones, no ovulation, no period.

If you've had a true period, then there is nothing to worry about. However if you want to check-up with a doctor to make sure because you did have a risk, that would be a healthy choice.

Next time use a condomn, keep them on handy...or get on some birthcontrol you can trust, that is if you're not planning on having kids anytime soon!

Having friends who have been there you should know the consequences of having children, both the good and the bad!

Have a good one,
~ Frisky

About the period, I still get period (medium) thou, that what confuse me the most. I know not suppose to have period during pregnant but i did have a friend that she has period during pregnant. she didn't know til she found out that she gaining a lot of weight. I trying to go to Planned parenthood when i have the time. I will be honest, I am trying to get pregnant but I don't know I am. I know the consequence. My boyfriend and i will be getting marry soon in the future. We have been together about 4 years now.

A period with a medium flow ( or whatever seems normal to you), usually signifies you're not pregnant.
As a person who has been through more than one Biology class and plans on going into a health career, I can almost guarentee you that I am right when saying it's impossible to get pregnant and have a true period at the same time. It is possible that your friend mistook some light bleeding a woman can have during pregnancy for her period if she generally has a light flow (everybody is a little bit different).

I hope you've considered all the options, and you are sure with your decision in having a baby. I have no buisness in your choices, but I have to say a baby can put alot of stress on the body, on a relationship, on personal freedoms, as well as a financial situation. Though they obviously can also bring alot of joys into someones life as well.

If you are still worried consult with a Planned Parenthood counselor,
Hope this helps,
Have a good one,

~Frisky