Hello. I’m 48-year-old female. Few months I noticed some unusual staff is happening to me.
My menstrual periods were becoming less regular and I’ve noticed lighter flow than normal.
First I thought it was from some cold or inflammation but my best friend told me that I should consider that I might be coming in premenapause period.
For the first time in my life I realized how old I am.
Could this be first symptoms of menopause or something else?
If it is premenapause what should I expect next?
Thanks.

I think I can help you. I’m in my late sixties and I experienced all that earlier so I will tell you what I felt.
First, I suffered shorter menstrual cycle and heavier bleeding than usual. Then my menstrual periods became less regular ‘till they one month stopped. Most common symptom is hot flashes.
A hot flash is a sudden feeling of heat in the upper part or all of your body.
I had no more symptoms but many women report headaches, mood swings and changes in the vagina during menopause: dryness, itching, and sexual discomfort.
You should know that if you are on hormone replacement therapy
you‘ll maybe have bleeding even after menopause.
There are some herbal and pharmaceutical treatments that can relieve your symptoms so you can contact your doctor and star using them. Wish you luck!

I'm 44, never had any kids, and suddenly, my breasts are the biggest they've ever been (all the time, sore on the under sides (all the time) I had no period last month, and I just picked up 10 lbs in the past 2 months! When I dry my hair in the a.m. with nothing on, I'm HOT, but by the time I leave the house to go to work, I seem to be back to normal temp.

(NO I'm not pregnant--you need to have sex to get pregnant, and I haven't had sex in over a year.)

I've recently had a bilateral mamogram (clear), a chest CAT, neck CAT and a full PET san and no cancer or abnormalities...

The girls are uncomfortably tender all the time! And yes I'm wearing the right bra!

A little help????

Considering you are 44, missed one of your periods, gained weight…….you could be entering perimenopause. Perimenopause is when the levels of hormones are slowly starting to drop, causing you symptoms similar to menopause and irregular periods. However, some women have no symptoms at all. Lucky them! Menopause is diagnosed when you haven’t had a period for a year and perimenopause may take up to 10 years.

If you have an older sister or your mother is still alive, you could ask them when they first experienced similar symptoms. If they went through menopause at this age, you are more likely to do so as well.

You are more likely to experience earlier menopause if you smoke. It may arrive 1-2 years earlier than if you were not smoking.

If you are considering evaluating FSH hormonal levels via blood tests to see if you are perimenopausing, the problem may be that these tests can only tell if you are deeply in menopause.

You could talk to a doctor or a pharmacists about some supplements or herbs like vitamin E or flaxseed oil or something that may prove to be helpful in reducing the symptoms, breast soreness for the time being.

When was the last time you had gynecological exam? You may visit a gynecologist, have a physical examination, see if there were any gynecological underlying problems and you may as well check on your thyroid.

how do I take to about this
:( :( :( :(

I have noticed lately that a few days before my period I have hot flashes at night and cant fall asleep then my period starts I turn 40 tommorrow. Could I also be suffering from pre-menapause? Please help ! I am so tired. I am also a nurse that works 12 hour shifts and I have two kids and a husband. I also feel myself becoming more moody. Thanks Angela :'( ?

I turn 40 this week, have had endometriosis in 2000 and a treatment that Lupron that put me in a temporary menopause. I am 40 pounds overweight. If it is Perimenopause, can I still get pregnant? I have no kids and would really like to have them yet.