My body is on fire 3 weeks out of 4. My hair has gone really dry, I'm moody hungry and tired all the time. This is not like me.
Been to the doctors a few times had the blood tests but always come back normal.
I am 42 been like this for 3 years or more, just don't know what to do please help.
Julie

You sound like my mom did. She saw the doctor and was diagnoised with going through menopauset

You sound just like me. I was going through the menopause and I have a feeling like I was struggling with all of those symptoms for my whole life. I know that a vaginal dryness during menopause was driving me crazy. Also, I was hungry all the time even if I do know that this is not a classical menopause symptom. I was also sweating, I was not able to sleep during the night, etc. That all as heavy for me and I was not able to be myself anymore. I was taking some pills, but I can' tell you were they able to help me or not. 

Perimenopause is the phase before menopause actually takes place, when ovarian hormone production is declining and fluctuating, causing a host of symptoms. Some clinicians maintain that perimenopause can last for as long as 5 to 15 years, while others refer to perimenopause as that period which is a 3 to 4 year span just before menopause. Either way, many women experience more symptoms during perimenopause than after menopause. Because this often happens at an age between 35 and 45, many women's symptoms are overlooked or ignored by their healthcare providers. Most premenopausal women experience changes in their menstrual cycle. When estrogen levels begin to drop, the follicular phase of the cycle may be shortened, and this can shorten the total cycle from 28–30 days to 24–26 days, resulting in more frequent periods. On the other hand, some women begin having longer cycles because they are not ovulating as frequently. These changes can be quite different on an individual basis. Additionally, this declining/fluctuating estrogen level can produce a host of disturbing symptoms: hot flashes, increasing vaginal dryness, sleep problems, mood swings, breast tenderness and many other complications.

Julie, the first thing you need to do is take a really deep breath and have a big glass of ice cold water. Then you need to realize that you are approaching "the change". Accept it sweetie. It's not all bad, I don't care what people say. There are definite benefits to it. For the unpleasant symptoms, try deep hair conditioning, exercise for aching joints and muscles and moodiness. If you wake in the night on fire, drink drink drink ice water. Then take the glass and place it to your forehead and back of your neck. Helps tremendously! I admit I am one of the lucky few who have good side effects of approaching menopause, but I also have experienced the bad. What we need to do is just welcome the change that is happening to us. Did you know that there is a "zest" that comes with it? Well there certainly is. Welcome it. Use this time to renew yourself. Be patient with what is happening to your body and you will get through it just fine. Listen to your body and respond to it. Give yourself what you need, even if you never have before. I know this is very trying and can be very scary. But a good, self-accepting mental outlook at this time is crucial. Remember how strong you are and ride it out. You can do this!