I have had occasional dizziness and occasional mental fog (walk in one room and forget what I came for). Running to bathroom, cravings for various vegetables and fruits. In December have noticed a swollen belly and couple stretch marks appearing. I kept passing it off for my perimenopause. I still have monthly periods (5-6 days). Could I possibly be pregnant?

Hi! Typically, a woman's fecundity ends with menopause, which by definition is 12 consecutive months without having had a period. Perimenopause usually begins between ages 40 and 51. This is when the periods become irregular and eventually stop altogether, but you still have monthly periods, so I'd say that it is quite possible for you to be pregnant.

Thank you for response. I forgot to mention on my last post that I am hypothyroid (sluggish thyroid) and that I have taken 3 OTC pregnancy tests and results come out "no pregnancy" even though I have symptoms as I had stated on my earlier post. My husband purchased a Sonoline B Ultrasound Fetal Doppler and I am waiting on that in the mail. I am approx. 26 weeks and will let you know of result.

Thank you for your response. I forgot to mention on my last post that I am hypothyroid (sluggish thyroid) and I have taken 3 OTC pregnancy tests and results came out "no pregnancy" even though I have symptoms as I had stated on my earlier post. Would a blood test might be the best method or is there another method?

Hi! I had my thyroid completely removed six years ago, so I'm taking hormone replacement therapy. I'm not sure if your thyroid hormone level can affect the accuracy of home pregnancy test, you should ask this to your doctor. I looked on the internet but haven't found anything. The blood test can be done as early as seven days after a probable conception and level of hCG can be measured very accurately and possible complications or problems can easily be identified, so you should try that too. I must admit this is the first time i hear about Sonoline B Ultrasound Fetal Doppler :-) it's a useful thing. Yes, please, let me know the results :-D Good luck!