I am 43. my symptoms started four weeks ago with ear pressure and two days of tinnitus. The tinnitus resolved and the ear pressure continued. I had an MRI  which ruled out an acoustic neuroma. Saw an ENT who told me I had allergic rhinitis and ETD. My only symptoms now are constant crackling and popping when I swallow or yawn. I was told if I catch a cold or flu I may get worse. I'm hoping once my allergies clear so will the symptoms of ETD? I read so much negative things about it never going away. Does anyone have any positive experiences of this resolving in time? Please share. 

your eustachian tube dysfunction should clear out few days after your allergy is gone, mainly because allergy is the main reason that contributed to you developing the ETD. This generally isn't a permanent condition and doesn't cause any permanent damage to your eustachian tubes, but it is annoying, to say the least.

I had it happen to me during a cold and since the main symptom was constantly blocked or running nose, that started to create ETD symptoms. But like I said earlier, few days after the cold was gone, WTD was gone, too,

Wish you all the best,

Nicole

Thank you so much for the reassuring answer. Im hoping my allergies will resolve soon. Very tired of taking the antihistamine daily. My allergies usually end with the coming of summer. Im desperate to say the least. Some days I wake up and think its gone then I yawn and "snap crackle pop" there it is still is in both ears. My 4 year old now has a cold and Im walking around with a medical mask on for fear of catching his cold and getting worse. If I do so happen to catch his cold can you advise me on what medications you took during your cold if you took any? I would appreciate that. Thank you.

I used nothing special, really - only Tylenol PM, when I had the fever. I've tried using Benadryl, because my nose was constantly running and I thought it would help, but I just ended up sleepy for the rest of the day. In the end, I had to wait 7 days for cold any my nose to clear up.

What you can also do is boost your immune system so that it can fight colds better - depending on if you are taking any already, start taking vitamin supplements before you catch a cold. Some of them may even help a bit with the allergies,

Wish you all the best,

Nicole