Is sinusitis curable without antibiotics? What are other alternatives for sinusitis treatment? I have this problem quite often and it seems that I am always on some antibiotic. I am worried that I will make damage to my stomach with all those meds.

There are many possible methods ranging from using a humidifier to surgical drainage. The goals of any treatment for sinusitis are to alleviate symptoms by reducing inflammation and to cure the infection. There are several dietary supplements and herbs may help prevent colds, shorten the duration of your cold or flu, or work together with antibiotics to treat your infection and support your immune system. Many of these substances work can be very individual, so talk to your doctor about safety and appropriateness. In addition you may experience a significant improvement in sinusitis symptoms from acupuncture or homeopathy, especially if your symptoms are chronic.

I have the exact same question, and more specifically, what constitutes a sinus infection? I have lately been confused by my sinus surgeon who says that yellow mucus does NOT necessarily mean I have an infection. Well, than what is an infection exactly? And how does one get rid of it without antibiotics. Is that even possible?
One piece of advice: Get a Waterpik with a nasal attachment and rinse 2x/day with saline solution (ideally the kind that is prescribed by a doctor and comes in bottles). That, with steaming helps clear out the mucus more than the nasal douche or Yeti pot.

I cured my long-standing chronic debilitating sinusitis with pineapple. I eat a small amount every day--sometimes just as a slice sometimes in a fruit smoothie. Pineapple won't work for those who are allergic. For those who merely dislike the flavor you can buy bromelain--though I think food sources of enzymes are usually superior in part because some of these enzymes supplement manufacturers add so much sugar.

I make smoothies of pineapple and other fruit--no dairy through--the other fruit can disguise the flavor of pineapple, while pineapple when blended becomes foamy like milk and gives the smoothie a milkshake texture.

It has to be fresh. Canned or cooked or frozen won't do. Canning, cooking, freezing destroys the enzyme bromelain which is the natural anti-inflammatory which helps reduce the inflammation in the sinuses so they can drain.

Don't eat too much, however. It breaks down protein and a symptom that it has gone to work on your body is sores at the corners of the mouth. I generally eat about one 1/2-3/4 inch slice of pineapple a day and no more. See what works for you.

By the way, this may not work for you. Those with candida may find it not a wise idea to eat pineapple and may want to try the tablet form of bromelain, but make sure the tablet contains significant amounts.

Attached is a link to an article about bromelain.

findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0ISW/is_2003_Jan/ai_95676500

BTW, researches are looking at bromelain as a cure for cancer. Bromelain dissolves fibrin which often protects the cancer from detection by the body's immune system. Even if the immune system is capable of combating cancer, it cannot find the cancer under the fibrin. But pineapple breaks down the fibrin allowing the body to detect the cancer and deal with it. There is some research that indicates that bromelain may be able to cure cervical cancer.

Interestingly many years ago while Marie Curie was exploring radium, there was a doctor, Dr. Beard, who was experimenting with enzymes to cure cancer. He had marvelous success, but when others tried to repeat his experiments they failed because they were using low quality enzymes. Thus cancer research and attempts at cures took an altogether different path, one which regrettably has not been all that successful considering how many years that our medical system has been devoted to it.

Try a really great solution to allergies, a liquid ioniser. This innovative gadget really clears the air. A unique feature is that it that once the alllergies are locked out they will not re-enter the air when you cross the room, disturb the furnishings or pull the curtains. That can sve you a whole lot of work and the thought of replacing furnishings.